• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Keef.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fat sand Bikes
  • Woody
    Free Member

A few of these have cropped up on fleabay New One and ex-demo
    One for sale in the UK too.

Anyone know anything about them?

stanfree
    Free Member

They look like a very cheap end Fat Bike but Im sure Coastkid , Epicyclo or Motorman will be along soon.

Woody
    Free Member

They look like they will weigh a ton + a rear brake only.

Must be crap as they don’t even appear to get a mention on mtbr.

igm

How long are those seat stays? – you could get another rider in there. It doesn’t look right, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t ride right I suppose.

nikk
    Free Member

Attack of the FBSOs!

z1ppy

Wow, they look great, and there are several posts on MTBR (if you look 😉 ), though I can’t find much about there ride (not that I know anything about how Fat bikes ride), but it’s being sold as a cruiser not as a trail bike. They definitely do have a disc mount on the fork, but being sold as cruisers they don’t fit one as std. The one posted on MTBR for a rebuild, using his own part and the frame, reports the build weighs 32lbs, so hardly that heavy..

coastkid
    Free Member

There sold as beach cruisers, hence the frame lenght and spec,
    check out there spider tyre tread 🙂
    At there price which i think was around £800 maybe its worth waiting for the On One to appear? 🙂

Or build one of these; Home brew fatty

Woody
    Free Member

The On-One is going to be a while yet I believe………..and there is snow now!

I should really do it properly after last years 1/2 fat effort 😉

motorman
    Free Member

Having looked at the option on these a while back I would wait for the on one, which has a target price of £1000

They are a budget option for sure, with 100mm rims, but I think you would find the bike quite limited after a while in the standard spec. Also, by the time shipping & tax is added, you are not far off the cost of a pugsley.

The chainline is a bit iffy & I have seen chainrub on the tyre when using Alfine hub. 39lbs in standard form. 1

That said, it would be ok for flat beach riding & I did consider making a frankenbike fat cargo bike out of one or a Sun Spider AT 😆 Just depends on what you want to do with it.

epicyclo

The long wheelbase may not be a disadvantage and the frame quality is probably adequate. You’re unlikely to be jumping it off 10′ drops.

The real cost of a fatbike is in its BB, wheels and tyres. Their cost makes lycra-laddie roadies look like skinflints.

I would be quite happy to have one of those frames – the extra length might make them good for carrying plenty camping gear. Geometry can be varied by simply using a different front fork.

Personally, if I had to wait for a frame, an On-One looks much more attractive to me, and I’ll probably buy one anyway (even though I now have 2 fatbikes) because I’m sure it will be a better frame*.

* Based on the good handling I’ve had out of my other On-One frames.

flashes
    Free Member

or do what I did and buy a used Pugsley, still smiling…………..

tazzymtb

just make a frankenfat like Keef from this ere forum.

Keef
    Free Member

here you go Taz……

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fat sand Bikes’ is closed to new replies.