Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Fat Bike pump
  • m0rk
    Free Member

So, ahead of a puncture on the trails – what pump (with a decent capacity?) should I get to carry on the bike / bag

I’m thinking my regular mini pump might have me sat trailside for a few hours

Thanks in advance

jimw
    Free Member

Topeak mountain morph

scotroutes

johnnystorm

Yep, Morph here as well. And a few CO2 carts if the weather is awful to help things along.

m0rk
    Free Member

Fairly unanimous then

Thanks!

Northwind

Truflo/m:part Evolution- copy of a Morph, only better (moves slightly more air, and the foot doesn’t fall off as much) and cheaper

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/181280594800?lpid=83&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=83&ff19=0

m0rk
    Free Member

Good tip – thanks

cozz
    Free Member
    monkeyp

Or…

Get the cheapest plastic track pump you can find (£12 from Halfords). Disassemble, cut off the foot pegs and handle. Shorten by however much you need to to fit into a pack – about 3 inches. Re-assemble and shorten the hose as appropriate. Dremel all of the sharp corners off and use some inner tube or an old grip to form a new handle.

Choice of pump is critical, but I found the cheapest Halfords one the best.

And there you have a light, high volume pump for peanuts and the satisfaction of making something ideal for the intended purpose 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Have u got a photo of that monkeyp?

monkeyp

I have, but no ability to upload. Can mail you if you want.

monkeyp

Shermer – ygm.

m0rk
    Free Member

Shermer – upload em when you get them!

monkeyp

Does dropbox work for images?

monkeyp

That’s a no then!

lightman
    Free Member

Just upload to Tinypic.

househusband

Just tried, and I couldn’t get it to work from dropbox!

Lakes_Puma

I tried too 🙁

Northwind

You can view the dropbox image, you just need to click the link then cut /img off the end.

tthew

I have a Mountain Morph, and after heartily recommending it to a mate of mine, we went and bought the m:part one, (cheapskate) it’s even better.

Let me have a try at those images, I think you’ve to to many HTTP’s.
    [img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9m3gvz23m57lvl/2013-09-15%2011.51.18.jpg[/img]

alwhit
    Free Member

I have a truflow mini track pump and its bloody brilliant,
    pop out pressure gauge high pump volume and a really good dual value connectors
    truflow

Northwind

Ooh, nice, just ordered one of those to try as I need a second pump, cheers!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Fat Bike pump’ is closed to new replies.