Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Fasttech, Lights, and HK Post
  • kamenev
    Free Member

Anyone ordered and recieved any lights from Fasttech in the last month?

There are big problems with HK Post in terms of delays. On the Fasttech website it says there are 15 day delays. They are basically XRAYing everything because they have banned Lithium batteries. The most annoying thing is why is Fasttech sending out Lights with this carrier knowing they will probably get returned.

On the same note I ordered a nice little single xm-l light from Lightmalls on 11/10/13 and it was delivered by 24/10/13 (with battery)!

tmb467
    Free Member

Depends where you get em from – just you have to pay extra for the postage cos they use a different courier

Had a lightmalls delivery arrive in 10 days but I had to pay $3 extra for postage cos it contained batteries

sv

Yes my x2 was delayed and took about 3weeks to arrive – as you say issues with HK post were blamed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

also, RM in this country are also banning LiIon batteries so even if HK post pass stuff through there’s no guarantee they’ll get delivered once they arrive here.

I suspect the spontaneously combusting Dreamliners have put paid to LiIon batteries traveling by air with impunity…

kamenev
    Free Member

It will be a dark winter! I’d better start saving for a British made high quality dynamo light then!

theblackmount
    Free Member

Yup

I was already getting rather fed up with their platitudes (albeit very polite.)Then I discovered the problem had been known about for some time before they received my order. At which point I sent them a strongly worded email / put a rocket up their arse. They’ve just sent another shipment out via Swiss post.

Still batteryless awaiting developments…

kamenev
    Free Member

#theblackmount – you did well to get them to send out another one. Had the original order been returned then?

It is amazing that they continued to use HK knowing the problems which I believe have existed since September!

althepal

Ordered with Lightmalls and no major issues. Ordered a yinding light from fasttech and no indication initially of any probs but when checking my order status I realised it was “restocking”. Not advised of this at all-sent a query asking why still available on their site to order but none in stock and after a bit they admitted that they were having probs sourcing the light and could swap if I wanted. Looked at their website and asked about another light but by then they’d told me that it would be in stock by the 5th Nov.. checked yesterday and the instock date has moved back a few days again so not happy..would not recommend them based on my experience.
    And thats before it even gets posted!!

kamenev
    Free Member

it is the yinding which I ordered. I thought based upon what I had seen on this forum and others that Fasttech was quite a safe bet. Shame Lightmalls don’t stock the yinding yet. I thought the two weeks for them to deliver was excellent. The light wasn’t strictly as described but that went my favour as it more modes than described!

grum
    Free Member

would not recommend them based on my experience.

I had the opposite experience! Fast service and no issues with Fasttech – with Lightmalls after ordering an X2 I waited about 6 weeks before being told the light had been sent back to them.

I asked for a refund which I haven’t yet had (at least 2 weeks ago now).

althepal

Just not massively impressed.. fine the lights are popular but why still have them on the website for sale?
    I dont mind waiting two or three weeks for the light, but I am annoyed at the fact they took my money off me without any mention of the fact they dont have any of the lights in the first place, to make matters worse theyre now starting to tell porkies about when they’ll have them back in stock!

mboy
    Free Member

Fasttech was where I got my Yinding from.

Took over 5 weeks to arrive! Didn’t even leave HK post sorting office for about 4 weeks…

This was my first order from Fasttech (have previously used DX who have been excellent), and unless they sort out the delivery times (I expect 3 weeks, faster is a bonus, but 5 is stupid), then I won’t use them again…

The light is ace FWIW though.

nickdavies

Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago – Fasttech have emailed me today to say they’re all stuck in HK and trying to re route them through another postal service. 15 day delay.

Lucky it’s only a tester and i’ve got other lights – might be here by next spring!

althepal

Its a pita but when the lights are that cheap I cant complain too much. Even if the batteries are crap its still miles cheaper than buying some of the mainstream brands..

kevin1911

I got a dispatch note from Fasttech on 25th October. Until today the tracking number couldn’t be found on the HK-Post website. But today it’s now started showing that it’s only just been posted. Presume it’s been sitting in an Xray queue for the last 12 days!

Seems daft that HK-Post are so concerned about them catching fire that they’ve decided the best course of action is to fill an entire warehouse with them while they scan each and every one…

z1ppy

You always have the choice of paying a small surcharge and buying them off ebay (UK sellers).. well the solarstorm X2, not seen the yinding on there yet.

kamenev
    Free Member

#z1ppy

agreed but like you say there don’t appear to be many places that sell it and even there they are very are hard to come by. I don’t you can get the black one anywhere at the moment!

brassneck

Link for the Yingding? This one has passed me by..

Got my x2 from FastTech, took about 4 weeks but for £25 it’s not exactly a problem.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Got my x2 aboyt two weeks ago. Ordered 1st October. Came just over three weeks later.

z1ppy

Kamenev, I’m using the “2x XM-l” (actually miss typing “2x xm-l2 seemingly got more) in the search on ebay on a “uk only” location and can seemingly get a number of ‘hits’.

EG: here

Unless I’m missunderstanding what your specifically after?

EDIT: Everyone posting that they’ve received there’s already isn’t helping the thread, the ‘battery export’ issue has only arisen in the last couple of weeks. I got mine 2months ago, but this is meaningless at the moment.

brassneck

Everyone posting that they’ve received there’s already isn’t helping the thread

Only from offering a sense of perspective. Mine took 4 weeks without any export issues, so I don’t think that expecting less now is realistic.

smudge
    Free Member

If the correct paperwork is displayed and included on the cartons there should be no delay coming out of HK or China, It also depends on what carrier they are using to ship with. Yes, China have upped the hazardous cargo regulations but so long everything is packed and labelled correctly there should not be a problem.

kamenev
    Free Member

Z1ppy – sorry i meant those little Yindings.

I think Singpost are good at the moment. They delivered my last light in 2 weeks (arrived 24/10/2013). Also ordered some pcms for a DIY battery pack and they also arrived relatively promptly via Singpost (two weeks again!). Its a shame Fasttech didn’t have that option when I ordered. Its back now apparently.

Smudge – that’s helpful to know. Its HK post which seems to have the problems.

z1ppy

Ahhh sorry, nope not seen those on ebay at all.

Edit “Only from offering a sense of perspective, fair enough, I felt some post had the feeling that its was only due to normal shipping time, rather then this new ‘issue’ with posting hazardous materials (very Half-life.. lets go to the lab)

PPS: There actually a ‘proper’ Gemini Duo on ebay currently for not a huge amount (but you know auctions)

theblackmount
    Free Member

>#theblackmount – you did well to get them to send out another one. Had the original order been returned then?<

No, expecting that would be their response I pre empted it. I think it was en – route back to them though.

I got the Solarstorm itself out of Aliexpress in 11 days flat. Also now got a Yinding coming out of Ali (blue and red in stock)and a quality Nitecore torch from them as well. Slightly worried about my increasing light addiction 😉

booktownman
    Free Member

Ordered an X2 with battery from Lightmalls on Oct 23rd and paid a couple of quid extra as per instructions at checkout to ensure the battery got through. Arrived today safe and sound. Happy days…and nights!

robdob
    Free Member

Ordered mine on the 15 October, nothing arrived yet. I have started a paypal dispute as hopefully it will perk them up, I can always make a claim on the cash in a couple of weeks if they don’t turn up.

robdob
    Free Member

Just checked mine, they were posted on the 19th (took 4 days to post them). I just checked the tracking and they have only just left HK today apparantely. Not sure if this is true and it’s a coincidence I checked today or whether they’ve made it up!!

kevin1911

Same thing happened to mine. Got dispatch note on 25th October but the tracking only started showing on 4th November saying they had been posted. FastTech reckoned they had been sitting in a queue waiting to get X-Rayed until then. Still not arrived.

The X2 light I ordered off ebay on 19th September hasn’t arrived yet either, but managed to get a refund on that.

robdob
    Free Member

Kevin – did the tracking, when it started, say it had left HK?

If so there must be something up with mine as the gap between ordering mine and the day they left is huge compared to yours. I ordered mine a week before you but yours have left HK a week before mine!

kevin1911

All it says is: The item (RC*********HK) was posted on 6-Nov-2013 and is being processed for delivery to the addressee

kamenev
    Free Member

Kevin – don’t look on the Fasttech forums. Apparently this (processed for delivery to the addressee) might also mean that is being returned to Fasttech. Incidently my order (dispatched 24.10.2013) still has not tracked. Looking at fasttech forums they appear to be tracking up to orders dispatched on 23.10.2013. Maybe just maybe i might find out something soon! Not only is it a lottery with these chinese lights its also a lottery if they get delivered or even leave HK!

kevin1911

Oh no! As someone said before – surely it’s makes sense for them to start using a different carrier rather than just chucking them all to HK post for them to sit in a warehouse for weeks.

robdob
    Free Member

Kev – if yours doesn’t arrive and mine does, you can have mine for the price I paid plus the cost of posting it to you if you want. I ordered 2 anyway for some weird reason.

robdob
    Free Member

Any updates from anyone?

kamenev
    Free Member

Shipped by Fasttech 24.10.2013 by HK Post. No tracking on either 17track or HK Post. Fasttech have a policy of refunding orders after 8 weeks if not tracked or delivered so not sure whether to open a paypal dispute. I would advise people to stay away from the order support forums on their website. Some stories of hope but many more of dispair.

Interestingly I order a torch from ebay on 2.11.2013. It was sent by HK Post was tracked by 06.11.2013 and I received it yesterday 14.11.2013. It was a RB tracking instead of RT which seem to be having all the problems!

robdob
    Free Member

I have raised my dispute to a PayPal claim as FastTech haven’t bothered responding to anything in the resolution centre.
    If i am refunded and the lights arrive I will offer to send them back if they pay for postage, only fair.
    Need the money now to buy some other lights, not just paying for the hope I might get some!

kevin1911

Still no sign of mine

Lummox

If it helps anyone I raised a ticket in which I was told my light would be dispatched from fasttech on the 15th, didn’t trust it so have cancelled and ordered a red one from dx instead

robdob
    Free Member

Got a set today!

Still waiting for a red set though.

How long are you supposed to charge them for? And how to charge/discharge? Anything I should be doing?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Fasttech, Lights, and HK Post’ is closed to new replies.