Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • FAST damper upgrade on pike rct3
  • ti456neal
    Free Member

Sending my pike into tf for a well deserved pampering, and noticed they offer a FAST upgrade to the standard charger damper for £160 including the service.
    Has anyone had this done, and what’s the verdict?

boxxer7
    Free Member

Mine are booked in for tomorrow, they won’t be back until Monday so I will try and report back next week.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

There are actually 2 different tuning variations they do.

One is just the rebound piston, which I think is designed to stop the spikey rebound effect you can get with them, the other is basically replacing all the internals of the Charger Damper, it changes them to a separate HSC & LSC adjuster

The latter is designed to give you a bit more of a usable range of LSC & replace the RS equivalent of CTD with an actual HSC adjuster. I think they replace everything in the Charger damper for that part.

Northwind

It sounds a little bit like they’ve invented the Lyrik 😆

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Possibly, but without the extra boat anchor attached to it 🙂

There may even be rumours of a spring conversion kit too…

RickDraper
    Free Member

They already offer a spring conversion for it.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Keen to find out the knitty gritty on this.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

It sounds a little bit like they’ve invented the Lyrik

Lyrik was open bath, heavy and divey in comparison to the pike. I believe it has proper midvalving as well.

Anyway, avalanche do a similar conversion. They go a little bit further than FAST I believe, including bringing the bladder system inline with what you see on motorbike forks.

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/Rock%20Shox/Pike%20Charge%20Piston_Valve%20Upgrade%20Kit.htm

They already offer a spring conversion for it.

Link? There’s a company in Germany doing ti springs for the mattoc.

pedlad

So what you’re saying is ive got a pike after two years of reviews and Internet forums saying its a great fork but now without this upgrade is basically pants….stw .n+1 strikes again 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Well, I’m new-ish to Pikes, about 6 months, and although they’re stiffer than my Revs, I found the damping quality a bit of a disappointment after all the hype. They’re nice enough, but not that much different from what I had before.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Link? There’s a company in Germany doing ti springs for the mattoc.

Call TF Tuned.

http://www.tftuned.com/tech-help/22-rockshox

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Call TF Tuned.

http://www.tftuned.com/tech-help/22-rockshox

That’s for the Lyrik.

Didn’t notice that notchiness that you got on the Lyrik solo airs in the Pikes either, they were smoother than my newly serviced coil Lyriks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘FAST damper upgrade on pike rct3’ is closed to new replies.