Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fancy taking over a successful business in the Isle of Skye
  • bigboxweebox
    Free Member

http://ellythefish.wix.com/livethedream

Offers in the region of £270,000

A friend posted this on facebook and i thought it would be right up the street of some forum readers. I originally posted it without much context and the mods understandably deleted the thread.

The current owners used to work at the housing charity i worked at. They decided to sell up and build their own home and business in Skye. They did all the work themselves and have become part of the community.

Tragically one of the current owners has been diagnosed with MS and i unable to keep up the workload of running a rural business. They are reluctantly selling up.

I haven’t been myself but a former colleague was there a few weeks ago and said that they have done an amazing job.

So if you fancy taking the plunge and doing the rural dream here is your chance. Someone has already done the hardwork!

footflaps

Very nice and a bargain (by SE prices)!

cranberry
    Free Member

“The food is simple using locally sourced artisan food platters”

Release the Honey Badger!

bigboxweebox
    Free Member

Their skilled local craftsmen and women(?) would whip your tiny trained mammal

peterfile
    Free Member

Very nice and a bargain (by SE prices)!

Not that much of a bargain by rural Scottish (and South East Asian) prices though 🙁

Lovely though! Skye always commands a good price due to its accessibility (as far as Scottish islands go) and popularity with middle aged people from the South East of England giving up the rat race.

cranberry
    Free Member

A little light whipping should get his appetite up nicely for a platter of nicely arranged local artisans. 😉

footflaps

and popularity with middle aged people from the South East of England giving up the rat race.

I was tempted for all of 5 minutes and then I remembered the rain and midges….

brant
    Free Member

Awesome.

Brant's last day at on-one today, as he's leaving to go and run a cafe on Skye…http://ellythefish.wix.com/livethedream

Posted by On-One Bikes on Friday, June 20, 2014

footflaps

🙂

peterfile
    Free Member

I was tempted for all of 5 minutes and then I remembered the rain and midges….

I’m grateful for rain and midges, it’s a natural barrier to the NW ending up looking like Blackpool!

A huge number of larger, tourism based businesses in the NW are owned by people escaping the City. I stayed at a hotel in Skye a few years back and it turned out that the owned used to work with my uncle. He had a few health problems in his late 40s and was looking to get out of the city and try to improve quality of life etc. He pretty much swapped his £900k house for a £1m small hotel that was generating enough income for him to live a very comfortable life.

Going from Scotland to the City and then back to Scotland has some serious advantages!

footflaps

He pretty much swapped his £900k house

That would be a small flat in central London 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fancy taking over a successful business in the Isle of Skye’ is closed to new replies.