Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Facebook help please! And I don't even have an account…
  • JulianA
    Free Member

Hi

Help please! I have received an email that appears to have come from Facebook inviting me to join (which I DON'T want to do).

The scary thing is that it's from someone we did business with a while back, and he ripped us off to the tune of a grand, so he probably wouldn't want me as a 'friend'. The other scary thing is that it lists some of my contacts from Instant Messenger and flickr – and someone else with whom we had a court case (and isn't one of my contacts on IM or flickr).

Also, every time I go to facebook.com it asks me to register and has my main email address aready completed – I know about cookies and stuff but this is too much!

How does this work and has anyone got an email address where I can contact Facebook to tell them about this please? Or should I just call the Police?

Many thanks

Julian

U31
    Free Member

The guy has linked his email address book to facef*ck and its gone through to message anyone he hasn't added sending invites. Its safe for you to ignore, its just a facebook bot

Houns

You can just import (and invite) everyone in your email account. This sounds like what he's done

JulianA
    Free Member

Thanks guys, but how did this email include people that this guy could NEVER have known about? Friends and family… Could he/they have got my email address book? I have NEVER sent an email to all these people at once (and would have sent it BCC if I did!)

All help appreciated, thanks!

timwillows
    Free Member

Paranoia getting to you?

tails
    Free Member

but how did this email include people that this guy could NEVER have known about?

how would you know this?

molgrips
    Free Member

Facebook knows.

warton
    Free Member

have you seen War Games?

Its like that.

U31
    Free Member

but how did this email include people that this guy could NEVER have known about?

He has conversed via email with all the people in the list at some time or other. It harvests these addresses.
    Nothing to worry about

dobo
    Free Member

sounds like you do have face book or your other half or family does that has all these same contacts

swavis

Facebook is the Devil!! 😈

dobo
    Free Member

Facebook v Chuck Norris

tough call..

😉

JulianA
    Free Member

tails – Member

how would you know this?

Because these people are quite unknown to each other – unless my address book has been hacked. And some of these people are not in my address book, as all I have done is email them

timwillows – Member
    Paranoia getting to you?

YGM!

JulianA
    Free Member

Email password change coming right up!

leffeboy

Because these people are quite unknown to each other – unless my address book has been hacked. And some of these people are not in my address book, as all I have done is email them

Maybe they have also uploaded their address books to fb and it has done all of the linking together

…or maybe they are watching….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Facebook help please! And I don't even have an account…’ is closed to new replies.