Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Excellent anti dog egg poster I saw tonight.
  • jekkyl

The photo doesn’t quite realise the look of disgust on tinks face, nor the photo realism of the actual turd. Good effort!

Bag That Poo!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

JoeG
    Free Member

prettygreenparrot

The Tinkerbell one is fun.

Even though I rode through a huge, stinking, dog turd the other week in the local park it doesn’t happen to me much these days. More common is rolling over a plastic bag filled with dog eggs. Or, worse, bumping into a bag of ’em that’s been placed generously in a bush or hung from a branch.

I see what’s going on in the other two pictures. Those folks have identified the ambiguity in the pronoun ‘it’ in the latter phrase. An easy mistake for the possibly literate teddy bear-like dog to make.

PJM1974
    Free Member

We need to change the law to allow councils to empty the contents of the dog-trud bin onto the living room carpet of anyone caught leaving their pet’s deposit in a public place.

DezB
    Free Member

I thought it was spelled ‘pooh’

DezB
    Free Member

We need to change the law to allow councils to empty the contents of the dog-trud bin onto the living room carpet of anyone caught leaving their pet’s deposit in a public place.

People don’t do it when they can be seen. DNA check all the dogs in the area?

GrahamS

bumping into a bag of ’em that’s been placed generously in a bush or hung from a branch.

I don’t really understand the mindset of someone who goes to the bother of carefully bagging poo and then hangs it at eye-level from a branch.

Do they really think they have improved the situation??

freddyg
    Free Member

Come to Barrow. I have to do the dog-shit-hopscotch every morning as I walk in to work.

+1 on the tree decorations. What is equally frustrating, is those few who do bag their pooch’s jobbies and then leave the bags on the pavement.

verses

This is one of my faves;

GrahamS

I like that a lot.

alpin
    Free Member

some next tuesday let their dog shit on the verge outside of our flat the other week.

i made up a little (A4) flag saying “this is not Berlin, you Drecksack!” (Berlin is really bad for doorstep dog shitters).

had a job in Berlin over the weekend. visited friends on Wednesday and lo-and-behold there were two stinking turds right outside their house….

i really don’t get it.

DezB
    Free Member

I found a bag tucked round the side of my garage. 20 metres from waste ground. 30 metres from a pooh bin. Scum is what these owners are. Lazy scum.

hora
    Free Member

There should be one for ramblers-

KEEP YOUR **** DOG ON A LEAD YOU ****.

And for cyclists:

PLEASE SHUT THE **** GATE- DONT LEAVE IT “AS YOU FOUND IT” LAZY ****.

GrahamS

PLEASE SHUT THE **** GATE- DONT LEAVE IT “AS YOU FOUND IT” LAZY ****.

Eh? I always leave gates as I found them. Isn’t that what you are meant to do?

http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/enjoying/countrysidecode/leavegates.aspx

anonymouse
    Free Member

The Country Code actually specifies that gates should be left as they are found. There may be good reasons for a farmer wanting a gate open and he may not be best pleased with folks closing them all.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Perhaps, but if how are we to know. Normally a farmer would secure a gate open if it was to be left open, otherwise, if its just swinging open I will generally close it.

andymac78
    Free Member

There’s not much in life that annoys me more than walking over to pick up after my dog only to step in some sh*t that some f*cknugget has left. On my morning walk there are at least 5 dog bins that anyone walking has to go past, the laziness of some folk is staggering.

m1kea
    Free Member

On a connected note I was riding along NCN21 a couple of years ago when I came up behind a bloke and his dog.

He immediately and loudly told me not to run over his dog (which wasn’t on a lead).

To which I replied “why would I want to hurt a dog, even if it is off a lead and unsupervised? I then pointed out the Cycle part of NCN and that it’s not a linear dog toilet.

Don’t think it made much difference as he obviously thought that as a local doggist, it was his path to do what he liked with.

DezB
    Free Member

There should be one for ramblers-

KEEP YOUR **** DOG ON A LEAD YOU ****

There are signs to keep dogs on leads where dogs should be kept on leads.
    Do ramblers have dogs?

mrjmt
    Free Member

I was wondering about the eggs hanging from trees and whether it could be from owners planning on collecting them on the way back on the walk rather than having to carry them round?

I don’t have a dog so no idea on the walking regime, and also doesn’t explain why they’re left hanging there forever.

ski
    Free Member

Ex park Gardner here 😉

Part of my job was to ‘educate’ dog owners who for whatever reason did not clear up after their pet.

This normally meant approaching offenders and politely offering them a free poop bag.

Some of the common replies:

f@@k off
    Was not my dog
    I thought you could leave it in the park
    Haven’t you got anything better to do ( yes I have thanks)
    I don’t have a bag
    I don’t have gloves
    My hubby will pick it up latter
    Where is the sign?
    I normally do but it was raining, sloppy, small, impossible to find, wrong colour, smelt horrid, etc

Signs sadly don’t work as the dog owners who do this don’t care and ruin it for the majority

We used to do a weekly poop blitz hunt ( yea great job) we could collect over a 100 in an afternoon !

danrandon
    Free Member

With reference to the OPs post, where i live they actually dressed kids up in BROWN fairy costumes to promote the Poo fairy idea. Poor buggers

molgrips
    Free Member

The Country Code actually specifies that gates should be left as they are found.

Yes it does – that’s changed, I think, it used to be always shut.

nick1962
    Free Member

Remember the old days when no one picked up dog mess ?
    What happened to it all ?

danrandon
    Free Member

it turned white and vanished 😉

GrahamS

I came up behind a bloke and his dog…
    …”why would I want to hurt a dog, even if it is off a lead and unsupervised?

If the bloke is right there it’s not exactly “unsupervised” and my experience of dogs on NCNs is that it’s usually a lot safer when they are off the lead and not attached to a dozy owner.

we could collect over a 100 in an afternoon !

Must have made a lovely album! Do you swap duplicates?

“Hey Dave, have you got a ‘white at one end, nutty at the other’? Swap you for a ‘torpedo’ and two ‘walnut whips’?”

stilltortoise
    Free Member

…owners planning on collecting them on the way back on the walk rather than having to carry them round?

I know from experience that some dog owners think this is OK. It’s not.

DezB
    Free Member

Kids trod in it and walked it into the house

Cougar

Must have made a lovely album

More like a log book.

Yes it does – that’s changed, I think, it used to be always shut.

Either one of us is misremembering, or this change was at least 30 years ago. I don’t remember ever being advised to close open gates.

GrahamS

I didn’t want to be that guy but I remember being taught to leave gates as I found them in the Scouts and that’s going back a good 30 odd years too.

m1kea
    Free Member

GrahamS

I came up behind a bloke and his dog…
    …”why would I want to hurt a dog, even if it is off a lead and unsupervised?

If the bloke is right there it’s not exactly “unsupervised” and my experience of dogs on NCNs is that it’s usually a lot safer when they are off the lead and not attached to a dozy owner.

I’d rather encounter a dozy owner with a dog on a lead than not. By unsupervised I’m meaning not under direct physical control. Perhaps I’ve been unlucky?

Back to the original topic, I don’t understand why it’s OK for horses to 5h*t all over the place without any recourse? Considerably more volume per horse!

andyl
    Free Member

because horse poo, like sheep poo and other herbivore poo (not human vegetarians though), is relatively un-offensive.

Dog poo is vile.

As much as I love my dog, I will be the first to admit her poo stinks. I still pick it up and carry it round with me though.

matt_outandabout

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMoMNK3tX6A[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

Horse poo is not as bad as dog poo but it’s still not very nice. And why not use those strap on poo bags that you can get?

danrandon
    Free Member

Right folks train your kids with this fun game for all the family 😉

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Amlw_J4nw[/video]

stevestunts
    Free Member

Spotted on a recent walk:

binners

We have the delight of living in an area where selfish inconsiderate strokers dog owners come to walk their stupid mutts*

the footpaths around our houses, and the woods behind, are constantly littered with huge great steaming turds. Some of the neighbours have put signs up politely asking people to clean up after their filthy, stinking animals (they maybe didn’t use those exact words). These have made no difference at all. So… inspired by this thread, I’ve just designed this sign. I’ve printed some out and laminated them, They’re going up tonight….

* can you tell I’m generally not a fan

ThePinkster

Re. The bags in trees – I once heard some toffynosed bint exclaiming that she ‘didn’t need to put it in a bin, the forest rangers would do it for her. After all it’s their job’.

I was a little stunned at that one.

GrahamS

can you tell I’m generally not a fan

of apostrophes or spelling? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Excellent anti dog egg poster I saw tonight.’ is closed to new replies.