Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • EWS 2015
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Scotland again and Ireland!
    Would love to get a place at Tweed valley, bet it will be a bit slippy in May.

http://www.enduroworldseries.com/calendar2015/

Northwind

Ooh, Ireland…

And Crested Butte, there’s a name to conjure with… Makes the 90s X Games music play in my head 😆

fr0sty125
    Free Member

How hard is it to get a place at tweed?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Depends on the registration system, was pretty **** up this year apparently, first come first served though….unless you’re a pro of course. Someone will be along to enlighten us.

Northwind

Yeah, last year I ended up signing up hours after it opened, but I think that was mostly because the entry system was a total disaster. But we don’t know if they’ll be using the same format next year (they should, it’s ace) so numbers might vary too

kimbers

The website was a shocker had to get on there when they open but was a pita
    But plenty of spaces if they have the same e1 and e2 categories

br
    Free Member

How hard is it to get a place at tweed?

All those I know who wanted to ride, did – so can’t have been too hard.

Would love to get a place at Tweed valley, bet it will be a bit slippy in May.

May is usually a decent month, this year was although we had quite heavy snow the previous.

booktownman
    Free Member

Wot no Wales?

Over and out.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Well im going to try and grab a place, might shit myself on some stages. You up for it Rob?

Wales next year maybe, but where? Can’t think of anywhere in England either.

portlyone

Can’t wait to see the Wicklow one

doug_basqueMTB.com

One in Ainsa, a stop on our Backcountry Pyrenees thingy and run by good friends. I’m seriously considering shutting down for a week so I can go. Or seeing if we can do a week with that as part of it,

You can slate enduro for all the fashions it’s spawned but you can deny how cool it is that joe punter like me can consider applying for a place and competing against the best in the world!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Exactly Doug, riding with pros..what other sport or format allows that?

nodrog2
    Free Member

Loved the 2014 EWS and will definitely be entering (or trying to enter) the 2015 EWS. The drop out rate over the weekend was crazy though, so think twice about whether you’re up to the task. A lot of people who wanted to enter didn’t get a place but a lot who entered didn’t finish (many dropping out on day 1).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rotorua 🙂

BoardinBob

The tweedlove race was the best thing ever. Nearly burst into tears at the finish line. Can’t wait for next year and I fancy an overseas round

darrenspink
    Free Member

Nodrog2 does this vid do stage 1 justice? Look nice and slippy and sheepish in some parts, that about right? Did ard rock this year.
    T’internet seems a bit void of any more vids.

[video]http://youtu.be/Byc3oirjZGA[/video]

Northwind

Video as ever makes it look flatter but it’s not bad. The event vids Cunny did- can’t remember if those were pinkbike or dirt tv- would be the best bet I think, some off-bike footage to give better impressions. Tracey Hannah, riding stage 2, shouts out “You scottish people are crazy” 😆

Tweedlove Stories 1 video, with Crawford Carrick-Anderson, shows quite a few of the trails used and probably gives a better idea.

bigjim

yeah video flattens it out a lot, think there’s a couple of pretty steep bits on that section though I’ve only ridden it a couple of times, I don’t really like 3G much, its a dark, ugly bit of trail really. there was nothing that steep on the ard rock.

there were various headcam vids in the original ews thread, think there was one from one of the Specialized riders on the jawbone stage round the corner.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Ta chaps

nodrog2
    Free Member

As always video kind of flattens the trail out a bit. That vid gives a pretty good idea of what the ‘golf’ stages are like though. Fortunately race day was considerably drier. At around 4min 20secs on the vid is definitely steeper than it looks, having said that 3G is probably one of the mellower Carberston trails.

Here’s some helmet cam of a mate riding part of Stage 2, Jawbone.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgjA-l2RbU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

BoardinBob

As always video kind of flattens the trail out a bit.

Agreed. The bit from about 2:06 onwards through the rock garden is pretty crazy steep but the video makes it look like a green trail

jambalaya
    Free Member

Glad to see Samoens on the schedule. Seems to be off the radar of most Brit riders. If nothing else should encourage more to make a trip from Les Gets/Morzine for a days riding.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Better get some steep muddy practice in on my local hills then.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘EWS 2015’ is closed to new replies.