Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Event for next year.
  • geologist
    Free Member

So I’m about ready to pick a new sporting goal for next year. What are your favourite mtb events ? I am not looking for a 24hr type thing as having a young family and 2 jobs my training time is limited and I just don’t have the time to fit in multiple 3-5 hr sessions a week.
    Any ideas would be great 🙂 this year I did the Windermere end to end swim, but this year I fancy an mtb event, race or non competitive is ok. Even any good non mtb ideas would great.

Cheers

dknwhy

I’m doing the Dirty Reiver in April. Not sure whether to use the cx or 29er though.

geologist
    Free Member

Wow that sounds awesome, a little 2 early next year for me, but defo one for 2017 🙂

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Depending on where you are you could try the Southern XC, I updated the website over the weekend with dates and venues!

http://www.southernxc.net/

dknwhy

Wow that sounds awesome, a little 2 early next year for me, but defo one for 2017

There are a load of self-sufficient type events but it depends if you want to sleep out for a few days.
    The Bear Bones 200 is in October 2016 so that will give you a decent few months to train. 200KM and the goal is to finish in 24 hours (or just finish at all).

andyfla
    Free Member

Bearbones Winter Event ? 🙂
    BB220 is a superb friendly event – I intend to try and finish this year !
    How about the Mountain marathon series ?

bothybiker
    Free Member

Where is the Bearbones 200? Sounds good!

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Not cycling but I’m hoping to do the Round Hayling Island Kayak

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Where is the Bearbones 200?

Sunny mid-Wales

There’s also the Welsh Ride Thing at the start of May … quite unlike anything else 😉

whitestone
    Free Member

There’s the Kielder 101 – that’s Km not miles. I saw on Twitter that entries had opened this week.

GregMay
    Free Member

Entries are live.

STATO
    Free Member

I’m doing the Dirty Reiver in April. Not sure whether to use the cx or 29er though.

Ive just entered, expecting to use a CX bike with biggest semi-slick tyres i can find in the shed. A 29er would be fine for up there but although Kielder is notoriously rough in parts the majority isnt that bad. Hopefully get up for a bit of practice some point in the next few months to ‘check-conditions’ / enjoy riding without death by midge :0)

http://www.dirtyreiver.co.uk/

kcal

I’m not sure, it’d a long way to travel and to ride. My CX bike isn’t the lightest either but going to find big tyres and contemplate it..

Mate has tried to talk me into it..

aP
    Free Member

Had thought about the Dirty Reiver, but have decided to ride Tro Bro Leon instead (I know nothing like the same kind of thing), but we’re also riding Paris-Roubaix the week before.
    Still thinking about Tuscany Trail – not sure if it might be a step too far……

trusty

Passportes De soleil, I’ll keep you company Scott 😀

geologist
    Free Member

Deal Steve 🙂
    Btw I’m planning a big day out in the black mountains between xmas and new year, you about ?

trusty

Back in Suffolk I’m afraid, be up for it another time though

nedrapier

How much climbing in the dirty reiver? Anyone know?

whitestone
    Free Member

There’s a thread on Bearbones http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6313&hilit=reiver&start=75 seems like there’s around 3500m of climbing. Don’t know how accurate that is, on the Kielder 101 most people logged well under the advertised amount of ascent.

breadcrumb

How much climbing in the dirty reiver? Anyone know?

I’d be interested to know too. I imagine lots! Think I may enter it, it’ll be my first gravel event.

boxelder

3500m of climbing on DR200 (and descent). CX bike with chubby tyres – it has some rough sections, but not the chunky rock type fire roads. Lots of extra singletrack and less fire road on September’s Kielder 101 too.

Muke
    Free Member

SSUK 2016

Junkyard
    Free Member

so not racing next year then and just growing a beard.Wil be at that one and may do some others.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Event for next year.’ is closed to new replies.