Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Euros – how to get to Aachen?
  • Garry_Lager

Anyone worked in Aachen? I need to go there for a day in Jan, from Manchester. It doesn’t seem to have an airport itself – Dusseldorf, Maastricht and Cologne are all reasonably close. Anyone know the best bet?

TPTcruiser

Train from a well served airport.
    I went to Saarbrucken this year, plane to Paris CdG, TGV to Saar, Aachen on the same route from Gare l’Est, a small stumble from Gare du Nord and Eurostar.
    Aachen well served by fast trains.

leffeboy

Yep, train is your best option. 1hr30 from Dusseldorf I believe and german trains are great. http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/

I’ve done the same from Brussels but there is more changing to be done

Garry_Lager

Thanks both. I can get a flymaybe to Dusseldorf from Man so that’s looking good.

br
    Free Member

I can get a flymaybe to Dusseldorf from Man so that’s looking good.

But do you need to change from the airport.

What about Leige?

atlaz
    Free Member

There’s a direct train from Dusseldorf to Aachen, I was on it about 2 months ago.

Netdonkey

Have been a few times now, Dusseldorf is a bigger airport, train and hire car both options from there.

Germanwings fly Manchester to Cologne for a cheaper option, airport is a bit smaller but nice if I remember.

Never flown to Liege, but have caught the eurostar from London to Brussels and then on to Liege, they regularly do a “any mainline Belgium station” for the price of Brussels offer. About 30 mins from Liege to Aachen on the train.

The time from London to Aachen by train is comparable to air if you take the mucking about in the airport time. So a bit longer from Manchester but you get extra eco points.

Lovely city though.. Enjoy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Euros – how to get to Aachen?’ is closed to new replies.