• This topic has 21 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Enduro water bottle!
  • andylc
    Free Member

OK I may be in a minority of one but it has always really irritated me that my Norco Range has a bottle mount but no space to actually fit a bottle! For a quick blast I prefer the freedom of nothing on my back!
    Anyway for the very few who might be interested, I finally found one that fits into the tiny weenie space – it’s an Elite Chrono CX Aero, only 500mls but perfect for the quick blast!
    So there we go…

raisinhat
    Free Member

It looks like you could fit a side cage in there, though maybe only with a 500ml bottle. Clearly the solution is to grow a bit more and buy a bigger frame.

andylc
    Free Member

Had a side cage bottle before – hits the piggyback on the shock. It looks like they will fit and then absolutely nothing actually does, this one only sneaks in by virtue of being able to fit really far forward (and I drilled the holes backward a bit so it goes even further forward), and the forward slope at the back of the bottle. It is about 3mm clear of the climb switch!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MOAR AERO! 😉

cookeaa

I’d be tempted to disregard the existing bosses get a pair of these:

And fit them on the TT to mount a bigger bottle up top…

andylc
    Free Member

Not sure about the aesthetics of those, although not a bad idea, assuming it’s safe to do that to a carbon frame….

cookeaa

Aesthetics be damned, your current solution looks like an e-bike battery pack…

It’s basically a couple of zip ties I think a carbon #Enduro machine should be able to deal with a zip tie, put some leccy tape or similar on first to protect the area perhaps?

andylc
    Free Member

You are of course entitled to your opinion, even if it’s wrong….to be fair I failed to give enough other material for criticism such as the messy state of my garage or the poor quality of my grass…don’t think I can cope with a lumpy mount on the top tube, although it’s a decent enough (and cheap) solution if my shallow personality could cope with it…

RustySpanner

Those dimples will slow you down, but increase your stability.

Hooker or slicer?
    You may need to countersteer to compensate.

zippykona

It would certainly stay put over the roughest terrain. Frustratingly hitting it with my knee sideways would have it off and rolling down the street at traffic lights.Also the magnetic would attract the metal out of the water and make it look minging.

And it generally looked crap. No such problems on my Spearfish.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Spesh do a z cage that’s side entry and works just fine for me with a medium frame and 500ml bottle

mtbtom
    Free Member

Door looks well made…

andylc
    Free Member

Spesh side cage – back of bottle hits the piggyback on the CCDB. Would work with a less chunky shock eg Monarch.

jaymoid

ZippyZonka, Sorry – what are we looking at here?:

zippykona

That is the recessed area inside the water bottle where the magnet sits, it is covered in whatever magnetic crap is in our drinking water,

sheeps

Zippykona – I made a 500ml bottle fit on my Superlight 29er (large) by flipping the shock round (as otherwise it caught on the blue CTD switch). Does make the switch slightly more difficult to get at, but honestly, how much to do change!

zippykona

I had a medium and there was no way on earth a cage would fit let alone a bottle. Contacted Santa Cruz and apparently they fitted the bottle mounts by mistake. The pissy thing is that I spoke to Jungle before ordering the frame to guarantee it came with mounts. They must have known they were useless.

jaymoid

That is the recessed area inside the water bottle where the magnet sits, it is covered in whatever magnetic crap is in our drinking water,

Ah yeah, that’s well gross. Have you seen the fabric ones? http://fabric.cc/shop/waterbottle/

zippykona

It’s no longer an issue as my calves would hit the swing arm when pedalling and has been replaced by a Spearfish.

toby1

As Enduro water bottles go, I;d say it lacked the appropriate flouro colouring!

andylc
    Free Member

Ooo – didn’t think of that – it’ll have to go!!

DanW
    Free Member

MOAR AERO!

My first thoughts too 😆

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Enduro water bottle!’ is closed to new replies.