Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Enduro lids, what's cool?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Obviously super sick rad colourways are most important but as I’ve just picked round one of the Oz series and there is a chance of it being in the 30s I’m guessing my old 661 FF is going to be too much.

Last few reviews I’ve read had the bell edging the met for vents only just (given how hot it gets in my regular bell not sure how that will go, so anything else worth a look (will be trying them on first obviously)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nobody?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I got a 7iDP M2 recently, and it’s pretty decent, with lots of colours to choose from. RRP is £60 which is less than a lot of its equivalents.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    qwerty
    Free Member

No one’s replying cos your just flaunting your 30′ whilst we bask in a sleety mud fest of slop (Spesh Ambush looked nice in LBS the other day).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hey it was only 33 yesterday, today was a 15c mud and slop fest…

gonzy
    Free Member

i used to have a giro xen which i changed to the hex. i also have a giro feature. both are good.
    i tried a bell super 2r but i couldnt get one to fit right for my giro shaped head. the stoker looks good but i guess the fit is the same as the super.
    the troy lee a1 looks good but i’ve never tried one on. the met parachute night be another to look at but again i’ve never tried one. the 661 evo or recon might also be worth a look

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Also must be FF seems like the shit rules have made it here too

kimbers

Bell stoker, is a very different fit to the super, I like mine a lot, not too hot either, though giro hex was cooler still

kimbers

Oh, then super 2r if it fits, parachute if not

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Pisspot with goggles?

Northwind

If it needs to be fullface, will they accept a 2R? It’s arguably not a real full face. Worth checking first maybe. And when you wear it normally, will you want a full face (ie is it as well as your normal helmet, or to replace?) 2R is an excellent bit of kit especially for “helmet all the time, fullface on the descents” rules that insist you need a helmet on to ride up a fireroad.

(don’t nobody talk to me about standards, it’s a total mess for fullface, there’s lots of DH hats that haven’t done the ASTM DH so it’s useless for this purpose.)

kimbers

(don’t nobody talk to me about standards,

If only cycling has some sort of governing body at a national and international level that took responsibility for things like this !

poah
    Free Member

got a met parachute I don’t sweat anymore in that than a halfshell plus it has the US DH rating.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks like it’s down to the parachute and the bell. Both tick the box for the rating here – on the standards governing bodies don’t matter if manufacturers won’t submit stuff for testing.
    In some ways this will be an expensive addition as I have a decent full face for real gravity and decent lids for riding in anyway. The irony of making people wear full faces at the last local enduro on the same course we raced xcm on a year ago was quite apparent.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Road helmets are better ventilated

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cheers Al

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Enduro lids, what's cool?’ is closed to new replies.