Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Endura, what's going on?
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Need some new trousers from endurance, my 15 year old pearl izumis are just about to die.
    Can I find any online? Chain reaction gone off the site, wiggle, nothing. What’s happened?

May have to go the lbs and buy overpriced , 2 seasons old and get patronised…. Sooner get a pair or Ron ‘jjimmy saville’ Hills, now then now then…..

mt
    Free Member

Perhaps Endura are taking a decsision not to deal with companies that have become so big that they now dictate there supplier companies activities. Bit like some have had to do with the retail dictators like supermarkets.
    I wonder if Endura now believe that if they want to sell across the cycling world they can’t have successfully distributors in other countries have there work undermined by the activities of an Internet sales company based in the UK or NI?

Could be totally wrong though.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Could be right. Or maybe they are going to sell via the website.

Have brought their stuff since they started, had a pair of bib shorts that never died, a jacket that went through everything with me, the liner disintegrated but the outside just went on for ever. Shorts the stitching wears out, but the fabric not, just sew it up and it’s back in action.

Legendary suff, you cannot kill it.

faz083
    Free Member
    nick1962
    Free Member

I ordered an Endura item from CRC and now want to exchange it for a different size but now can’t find the item to do so… 😕

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Major change of tack by Endura by the sounds of things. Basically no more “online only stores” – Lots of comment here:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/why-no-endura-gear-on-sale-through-crc-now

excitable1
    Free Member

Try these guys

http://www.bikesyoulike.co.uk/category/357/Trousers

LBS, authorised Endura dealer and on line seller. Even if they haven’t got stock they usually get what you want in a couple of days and at a discounted price.

jambalaya
    Free Member

If your LBS is the only seller how can they be overpriced ?

I get my Endura kit from the LBS they seem pretty good on price, I can try the kit on first and they’ll order anything in I want. Don’t see a problem really

druidh
    Free Member

This is Enduras local shop

http://www.pedalpower.org.uk/bikes/clothing

We are the UK’s biggest stockist of the Endura performance range of clothing.

Clink

I get my Endura kit from the LBS they seem pretty good on price, I can try the kit on first and they’ll order anything in I want. Don’t see a problem really

Agreed – if my LBS wasn’t 50 minutes away.

zerocool

Sounds like great news, another example of the industry supporting LBS. And it would explain the massive Endura sale at CRC a few months back

pmc00per
    Free Member

My LBS give me 10% off everything and usually beat crc etc.I know it gets said on here alot, but it really is worth building up a relationship with your local shop.

edsbike
    Free Member

overpriced

You mean they’re selling it above RRP?

Or you mean that you’re not happy paying the RRP? Not happy with the ludicrous profits that independent shops clearly manage to rake in. I mean, it’s not like the £13.27 margin that they can get off a jersey that you buy has to pay for staff wages, rent, rates, bills etc.? Is it?

r53sport
    Free Member

8) at edsbike.

TheGingerOne

Hopefully they’ve decided to go for quality rather than quantity as they have not been up to scratch for years. I’ve given up with them after multiple disappointing purchases caused by their erratic shape, size and quality.

Rubber_Buccaneer

And VAT, don’t forget the 20%. I’m happy to pay rrp at a local shop if they are nice. Endura I have always thought of as vfm and I like to try for size before I buy.

“Endura” – a reference we assume to “Endurance”? Oh, how we all laughed. A bit like Sealskinz, how do they survive with such crap stuff? My list of failed kit is quite long; but more fool me for continuing to buy their shoddy gear. Anyroad, have you looked at the OMM Kemleika Race trousers? Ratrace have 15% off at the moment. They get very good review and might last more than 5 rides.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Oh dear, my experience of endurance was in early days. It was literally bomb proof and I wore out/ grew out of it before I did.
    Is altura any good now?

I have some Altura shorts that are about 11 years old and still going strong. So I guess they were good back then, but don’t know about now, sorry.

oldgit
    Free Member

Four Endura items bought in the past few years. One item never made a single ride until it was repaired/sorted. One item failed on ride one. One item a ‘one size fits all’ wasn’t big enough for an Action Man. Final item still going even though the stitching fell apart over the first few months.
    The stuff seems ideal on paper, and the price is good. But no more thank you.

hora
    Free Member

Edsbike do know how retailing works?

edsbike
    Free Member

Yes, 8 years in a bike shop.

hora
    Free Member

£13 to you on a jersey? How much does it sell for?

Clothing is ridiculously cheap to produce you know.

chakaping
    Free Member

Is altura any good now?

The Apex shorts are excellent. Think they might come in a trouser version if that’s what you’re after.

edsbike
    Free Member

It was just a number that I plucked out of the air. But margins in the bike trade are pretty low, even on stuff that can be produced cheaply. Typical margin (once the VAT is paid) might be 30%. So £13 margin on a £35-£40 item isn’t far off.

It’s hardly the bike shops ‘overpricing’ is it?

edsbike
    Free Member

We switched from Altura to Endura about 3 years ago after getting peeved with the amount of poppers and zips that seemed to fail on Altura stuff, despite them promising every year that they’d fixed the issues.

That said, my Attack jacket is still going strong 4 years on. All my Altura shorts have failed in some way though. Just avoid anything with metal poppers.

hora
    Free Member

So £13 margin on a £35-£40 item isn’t far off.

Everyone is allowed to make a crust so PLEASE don’t see this as having a go- that ^ tbh is a fair whack to make on that price point.

They took up relatively little space compared to bikes, to stock etc and turnaround?

edsbike
    Free Member

You have to take a punt on what styles/sizes will be popular and end up flogging old stuff at trade just to get rid.

If you give someone 10% off that 1/3 of your margin gone. That’s margin, not profit.

You’d be surprised the amount of time it takes to keep a clothing section organised. We had one bloke pretty much just sorting clothing, hanging up, pricing, ordering etc. for half his time in the shop.

It can get tricky when anyone can come in, try it on, then buy it online for pretty much the same price that we could get it for. You can usually spot the internet-buyer though, they just seem shifty/guilty. Especially true for shoes.

Price wise, everything is different, sometimes we could get stuff at 40% margin, others 20%, I guess it all balances out though.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

i eat my words, about bike shops

i popped into kinetic in welwyn garden city, past 6 pm closing, lights on asked if they were open; technically no but come in.

best bit of service and banter for a longtime in a shop, got my humvees and all good.

i reckon endura have made a smart move.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Endura, what's going on?’ is closed to new replies.