Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • endura stealth users …. racing in em (early puffer content)
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

specifically the biblongs

doing the puffer and will be buying some – read the bumph and still not decided

do i want extremes or lites. will the extremes bee too warm or will the lites bee too cold ? when ive raced in 4s at puffer i just use 3/4 bibs and windtex leg warmers but am aware solos is different

also how do you wash them – just like normal lycra or do i need to use techwash

is the softshell jacket propperly waterproof ? or would i be better getting the venturi ?

Alek
    Free Member

I went for the Lites and so glad I did in the end. Sizing is on the big size too which allows you to wear full longs, 3/4's or simply shorts under them.

My only complaint is the length of the legs. They come up quite short on me and I'm not even that tall 5'9".

Had them on early morning at Relentless with 3/4's under. They were spot on for me and kept them on till the finish. Not too hot even at 12noon.

trail_rat
    Free Member

**** – im 6 foot 3 and 30 inch waist …. guaranteed not to fit 🙁

probably have to get lites and wear leg warmers under !

crazy-legs

The jacket is amazingly waterproof, as good as any GoreTex. It's definitely on the warm side though, my guess is if you're racing in it you won't want anything more than a base layer on unless it really is vile/baltic weather!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Trouble is it could be any temp from +5c to -15 C

trail_rat
    Free Member

james …. its the strathpuffer vile and baltic are being generous to the weather !

trail_rat
    Free Member

i realise that TJ – i already have plenty kit for between 5 and -5ish but want something to keep lower half dry …..

got 2 pairs of winterboots already and some thermolite socks.

got spikes on order so its gonna be warm ….

shaggy

Last year I started the 'Puffer in a Wool LS Endura base layer, a Stealth jacket, (with all the vents un-done), fleecy Trek tights, Endura super light water proof shorts, wool socks and Northwave winter boots. As it got colder I did up the zips on the jacket. That was fine for the first 10 or so laps. I put a Patagonia R1 midlayer and Rapha winter hat on in the night. It all worked perfectly. Next time I'd take more sets of gloves though, changing them every couple of laps would be better than frost-nip.

Stealth tights are really nice. I would go for the lighter ones, and if you are really worried a second set of thermal tights underneath. Thats good to lower than -20 and a much more flexable set-up.

The Stealth stuff is pretty much ideal for UK use. Proper waterproof, breathable, and very comfortable.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheers shaggy , thats the sorta info i was needing

druidh
    Free Member

I have the original Stealth tights. They're incredibly/too warm and I found the sizing a bit awkward – fine on the waist, but really tight around the thighs.

trail_rat
    Free Member

so what size for a chap whos 6 foot 3 with a 35 inch inside leg and a 30/31 inch waist

i wear large fs260 pro shorts but large zymes can fit me and the missus just about in he waist.

singletracksurfer

don't use endura (especially zymes) to gauage what size you need.

I have large zyme shorts – fit perfect
    large zyme 3/4 shorts – waaaaaay to big.

trail_rat
    Free Member

its zyme 3/4s i have – madness dont use endura products to size endura products – guess id go with large then – tis what my instinct says

druidh
    Free Member

I'd reckon on you being a large too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘endura stealth users …. racing in em (early puffer content)’ is closed to new replies.