Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • endura stealth jackets.worth buying one?
  • racefaceec90

i had been planning on saving up for a new guitar/amp,but since i started my thread about graeme obree talking about depression,i have had a change of heart.i’m now thinking of using the money to buy some decent bike clothing (to inspire me to get out and ride 😳 would it be worth going for?they seem really well made/waterproof.i have around £200 to spend on a jacket (very unusual for me :wink:thanks in advance 🙂

hainman
    Free Member

i dont have any knowledge of the jacket but have invested in the altura attack 3/4 waterproof shorts but i use a nike running jacket right now asi cant afford anything near the 100quid mark,alot of people say the gore range are worth the money….i’ll just need to wait till the sales and see what i can blag

singletracksurfer

really like mine, but On one have/had some budget ones which look pretty good, although they probably wont last as long.

Good top like that and some warmer shorts (my Endura 3/4 MT500 are nice) will help you get out more.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i really rate mine but I am quite sweaty when i ride. I am not sure i whether it is really worth it as it is expensive but it is superb.

FWIW for all but the really bad weather i still use my aldi one and keep the stealth for proper wet days- it does work superbly though
    but i am not sure it is worth 8 x more than the aldi one tbh.

Overall best top i have ever owned but unsure as to whether it is worth the price as it is not massively better than my aldi one for say 2-3 hour rides in drizzle it is for rides in torrential rain though

seanoc
    Free Member

Can’t see the need to be honest; you can pick a Rab Drillium or Demand up for more than half that price; both are more than half the weight ~ 250g built with eVent fabric. Isn’t the new Stealth a no name fabric?

Okay, you don’t get a bunch of needless features.

topper

I’ve been using one since they came out 3/4 years? I beleive it’s one of the best bits of clothing i have owned, even at that price (£140). It is very warm but has loads of vents. Very robust, even after a couple of hard falls on black-top.

I don’t have a lot to compare it to tho.

T

simondbarnes

a Rab Drillium or Demand up for more than half that price; both are more than half the weight ~ 250g built with eVent fabric

When did Event become a softshell fabric?

kaiser
    Free Member

look out/place a wanted ad for a 2nd hand one in good nick ( normally £80 ish ) then if you don’t get on with it you can sell on with very little loss as they’re pretty popular and easy to shift especially at this time of year. I have one and have mixed feelings whether it’s great or not . I think a top like a gore phantom with a superlight waterproof over the top is a better combo and would keep you drier and with greater versatility. It can get fairly sweaty if working hard even with all vents open and seems to feel chilly quite quickly after stopping.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Had my Stealth for 4 years and really rate it as a colder season jacket. Being softshell it’s warmish, but does have very good core venting. It’s been incredibly durable, surviving both a huge number of wears, and lots of pile ups. The seams have now torn under the pits but that’s been taken care of with some proper repair tape and held up for about 6 months now

Highly recommended. If it’s really cold or mega wet I wear a Paramo super thin windproof/showerproof smock underneath

iainc

yes, on 2nd winter with mine. had it down to -10 deg on a night ride with a decent warm merino baselayer underneath and still toasty

muddodger
    Free Member

They had these on offer in Keswick at the weekend, £90, can’t remember the name of the shop, but it’s got a black and yellow sign and ends in .com, oh and it’s on heads lane. 😳

rOcKeTdOg

4th year with mine, only for sub zero days tho as it’s very warm, I have been known to wear nowt under it in warmer days, paid £99 quid for mine brand new in a sale

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi,

Had one but ended up selling it. It was okay but I found if you stop on a ride it doesn’t keep the heat in. I bought a couple of Wind Chill jackets which are much warmer to be honest.

Regards

Trekster

muddodger – Member
    They had these on offer in Keswick at the weekend, £90, can’t remember the name of the shop, but it’s got a black and yellow sign and ends in .com, oh and it’s on heads lane.

keswick bike shop

Or;
    planetfear.com

muddodger
    Free Member

haha! ^^^^^^ thanks!

planetfear.com

muddodger
    Free Member

apologies, was a gore jacket….

as you were… move along…. nothing to see….. 😳

MrSalmon
    Free Member

When did Event become a softshell fabric?

Stealths are waterproof aren’t they? When did softshell become “A waterproof that feels soft”?

seanoc
    Free Member

I don’t know what a soft shell jacket is, I was just suggesting an alternative waterproof. Sorry if I got that wrong you must be quite smart. In my experience Endura is good value for money only as long as the warranty and reruns department do a quick tunn around. Only ever had two items (BaaBaa t-shirt and a non-water proof jacket) out of at least 15 that hasn’t been returned at some point

I’ve got the Endura eVent 3/4’s not particularly happy with those as I always get soaking shins.

ackie
    Free Member

yes. very good all weather jacket.

islander

Had mine 2+ years and probably wear it for more than half the year. Very comfy jacket, just layer up underneath accordingly. Have worn in all weathers and conditions road and trail. Fairly well vented though you will sweat up to a point if you are working hard. Would say was showerproof but not waterproof. Most swear by them but some people just don’t like them.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘endura stealth jackets.worth buying one?’ is closed to new replies.