Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • endura gridlock or montane stormrider?
  • lorax

My fluoro yellow Altura night vision has given up the ghost. I love all the scotchlite on it but it no longer keeps the water out, and I get too sweaty in it. My first thought was to replace it with something made of eVent, probably a Montane Stormrider, but given that the Endura Gridlock seems to get glowing reviews everywhere, and is around a third of the price, I'm wondering about that.

Does anyone have any experience of either of these jackets, especially in terms of both waterproofness and sweatiness?

Any other suggestions for bright yellow (or similar) waterproof, breathable bike jackets gratefully received…

trail_rat
    Free Member

never found my gridlock too sweaty in nz in the rain but really warm …. but it depends on your sweatyness ….

i rarely sweat much even at top effort ….

MY missus on the other hand needs a really breathable jacket since with the same jacket she regularly wetted out the inside with sweat ….

so depends on the person !

lorax

thanks trail_rat – anyone else got a view…?

Del

endura QC vs. Montane's? be an easy choice for me. you'll find the montane for less than RRP too i expect.
    otherwise there's also the pace and the gill ( or dhb now ) event jackets too.

lorax

Thanks Del. I thought Endura were supposed to be pretty good, so I'm surprised to hear that. I'll take a look at the Pace and DHB jackets, but I have a feeling they don't do them in hi-viz colours. Cheers

lorax

Thought I'd update this, especially give the review in the latest Singletrack. I bought the Montane Stormrider in the end and it's great. Nice and light, pretty breathable, and fits well. The mag review is spot-on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘endura gridlock or montane stormrider?’ is closed to new replies.