• This topic has 1,256 replies, 187 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Cougar.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,257 total)
  • Official STW General Election Night thread
  • inkster
    Free Member

election predictions, what’s your’s

I’m going for a 68 seat majority for May. A mate asked me last night and that was my gut feeling.

Voted for Obi-Wan by the way

[MOD EDIT: this seems a good starting point as any for today’s General Election discussion, so to keep everything in one place I’m hijacking it.]

jam-bo

Another within two years.

kudos100
    Free Member

Tory landslide.

Too many brainwashed Sun and Mail readers.

nickjb
    Free Member

A new prime minister within a year

thestabiliser
    Free Member

That it’ll all turn out to ba **** colossal waste of time as the same pack of tedious peacocking shitehawks will continue to squabble over position and their place in history whilst the poor of the world suffer and their masters consume blood stained ingots of golden otter fur and the planet chokes on their excrement. Goody **** gumdrops

Cougar

Another 17 STW politics threads by Sunday.

muttley109
    Free Member

After the brexit vote and the Americans voting trump in, I would not be surprised if I woke up tomorrow to find out UKIP had bloody won!

graemecsl
    Free Member

I think they’ll get back in but it will be a squeeze something went wrong for her even the breadknife went Green and she’s been a fascistbiatch Tory all her life.

I asked the folk at our polling station the turnout is up and there are more youngsters so we may yet see some surprises.

nickjb
    Free Member

Another 17 STW politics threads by Sunday.

It’ll be forgotten by Saturday just like Brexit and that whole Y2K thing that turned out to be nothing 😈

fifeandy
    Free Member

Status quo +/- 10 seats.
    Total waste of time

steveoath
    Free Member

Misery for all

Spud

Hung parliament with the incumbent with the larger share and no F***** else will play with them. Still be quieter at work for a while longer that way whilst we wait for an outcome and the new ministerial teams. Actually we’re still waiting for decisions for the last lot of new ministerial teams…. dog walk and pub I think.

aracer
    Free Member

10 seat majority

for Labour

Junkyard
    Free Member

corbyn gets more votes than Milliband
    May wins [ not by anything like what she hoped]
    The Tories ditch her soon enough as they have seen how weak and feeble she is.
    Brexit ruins the economy RW press blame Europe [ bullies] and lefties[ disloyal traitors for predicting the obvious]
    PLP response to corbyn….no idea

Quite like the idea of a hung parliament and another one within a month

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

May wins but with greatly reduced majority, limps along for a few months before a night of the long knives and the Tory party implodes in infighting.

Corbyn will be buoyed by success and stay
    Farron will hopefully get ousted.

Europe will look on laughing and shaking its collective heads.
    Putin will rub his hands “yes, it’s all coming together”

theotherjonv

that I’ll be miserable again tomorrow…… just like the last time.

grumpysculler
    Free Member

Some politicians win. The country loses.

piemonster

73 seat majority for our Tory overlords

kimbers

Putin will rub his hands “yes, it’s all coming together”

This

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I predict doom and gloom when Dimbleby makes his announcement at just after 2200hrs.

I fear those on the left have got caught up in their bubble again, and that the Britain Elects voting intention poll last night was pretty accurate (i.e. Tory back to a 12 point, or thereabouts, lead).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nowhere near as much as they’ll laugh when Mummy, Boz, Davies and Fox come jumping in with their “look at our strong negotiating position” bullshit.

igm

Tory landslide in line with the 100-150 seats Jamba originally predicted.

I’d like a hung parliament though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You like your parliaments like I like binners igm. 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

fifeandy – Member
    Status quo +/- 10 seats.
    Total waste of time

I´ll go with this.

seosamh77
    Free Member

igm – Member
    Tory landslide in line with the 100-150 seats Jamba originally predicted.

I’d like a hung parliament though.

Trying to stave off disappointment? 😆

lesgrandepotato

You like your parliaments like I like binners igm.

covered in greggs?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Being 200 miles away and having very little influence over you was what he meant

deadkenny
    Free Member

Hung parliament, Labour try to form a minority government. Nothing they want will get done for the next year and stupid things get voted in accidentally, as it’ll all be committee votes like a council.

Brexit goes tits up.

And Trump impeached next week, but he’ll still stay in power (impeached by House of Reps, acquitted by Senate – same as Clinton).

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Hung Parliament. Boris goes banzai. Takes May hostage, Corbyn mounts a heroic rescue with Abbot. Abbot gets taken out by Boris in a hail of gunfire.
    Corbyn gets tea and Medals.

Edukator
    Free Member

I met a real live Brit a couple of days ago (Hi, Steve, if you post on STW), I normally only meet virtual ones on here. He reckoned it would be a hung parliament. Wishful thinking means I agree with him.

Dickyboy

Status quo +/- 10 seats.
    Total waste of time

& a good £100m down the drain too

RustySpanner

Putin riding topless through London on an armoured bear, surrounded by the reincarnated, zombified Red Army.

gallowayboy

Status quo +/- 10 seats.
    Total waste of time

Probably this and a lot of ill natured squabbling for a few years, May wont last long. On the positive side I reckon our local perma-tanned tory oaf will be ousted at last (Calder valley).

BruceWee

This analysis by fivethirtyeight has given me some hope or at least quantified the hope that I did have.

The Three Scenarios For The U.K. Election

So there’s a 2 in three chance that May will come out looking stupid and a 1 in three chance that she’ll just look the way she does now.

What was she expecting to gain again?

thecaptain
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter much,brexit will **** up the govt anyway in a year or so.

SaxonRider

I think Junkyard pretty much nails it in his first post.

salad_dodger

Tories to win with ease. Recession within 12 months.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Optimistically – Hung parliament
    Realistically – Tory win

….but not enough to keep Theresa May in her job – I reckon they’ll shunt into some kind of Brexit negotiator position.

“Let me be clear, I want the best deal for the UK, and that means concentrating 100% on Brexit and standing down as PM”

Cougar

It’s spelt “hanged.”

shermer75
    Free Member

Hung Parliament. Boris goes banzai. Takes May hostage, Corbyn mounts a heroic rescue with Abbot. Abbot gets taken out by Boris in a hail of gunfire.
    Corbyn gets tea and Medals.

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,257 total)

The topic ‘Official STW General Election Night thread’ is closed to new replies.