Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • EEK! Who's riding home tonight then?
  • 5lab

only 2 miles home, uphill the whole way. Will be reet (not started raining here yet)

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yes I would never sit smugly through the day comforted by the belief in a tailwind home. I find always best to prepare mentally for the worst then I’m seldom disappointed. Would be soul destroying to expect a tailwind home then get the usual cross winds that come after a headwind in.

monksie
    Free Member

I’m in Eccles and I’m riding to Marple. Work finishes in 55 minutes. There’s still time for it to blow over….

Forge_Master
    Free Member

Lovely ride in this morning, 12 off road miles in 55 mins.

Gonna pay on the way home tho.

Coyote
    Free Member

I can confirm that the sky has indeed gone out here in Knottingley.

Gale force wind and torrential rain. Now where did I put my brolly. Oh yes. I left in the car. Well that’s just peachy.

Clink

Like a washing machine this morning; hoping for a bit of wind-assist on return trip.

dantsw13

12 of us out for a night ride in E Sussex tonight!!! Rain makes the Harveys by a log fire afterwards all the sweeter!!!

ebygomm
    Free Member

Just started hailing here in Notts

gunny
    Free Member

The rain at work is dancing a good foot of the tank park, horizontal with the wind and rather dark.
    Love it 😆

bammy
    Free Member

not today, on the train as I am full of man flu, no its proper flu, really.

jamest
    Free Member

I am riding home, mighty rain has now stoppped but very dark and grim looking, got lights and waterproof gear, and want to go home, i’d best crack on!

nbt

I’m guessing it’s a westerly as it’s lovely in Hyde, the evening sunlight is casting a beautiful golden glow over everything

weirdnumber
    Free Member

I got absolutely soaked in Manchester. But its stopped now and is nice and clearish with a beautiful sunset in stockport now 🙂

binners

Wow! Actually its now clearing, the wind has completely dropped and the sky is amazing colours. Hey ho!

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Walking home here just outside Southampton. The rain’s stopped for now but if the BBC rainfall radar is to be believed the worst is yet to come.

Coyote
    Free Member

Stopped raining here in Yorkshire but it is still darker than a Conservative’s soul out there…

sprocker
    Free Member

In Notts downwind on the way in right ….tard on the way home now with rain and no waterproof. Quite good fun in a sadistic way

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Stoped and might be clearing here too, lots of water on the ground though.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

He did email me for a lift…..just sayin’….. 😆

IanMunro
    Free Member

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Looks like the pac-a-mac is going to get shredded this evening.

DaRC_L

nbt you can go off people…
    the light rain has started here in hors ham should be chucking it down (according to BBC rain index) just as I leave for my 15 mile schlep home

toppers3933
    Free Member

Its howling a gale and the rains coming in sideways! 😯
    The balloons gone up and mrs toppers is diverting to pick me up. 😀
    Not possible very often so its a nice treat. Although I suspect i’m going to get soaked loading the bike into the car!!

T666DOM

MTFU boys and girls your skin’s waterproof!

monksie
    Free Member

That was a bit of an epic! 26.4 miles of horizontal rain. Key 103 news reader lady said there was a tornado in Stockport. I didn’t think it was that bad. Never mind, strike day tomorrow.

TomB

I am, but not far. Please take care, a cyclist was killed on the A590 in south cumbria this morning (no other details known).

MoreCashThanDash

It was torrential in Nottingham when I started getting ready to leave the office, and everyone laughed at me.

By the time I got out the door it had stopped, and it was a dry ride home. Came in the door feeling very smug and chipper….

…to be confronted by a pile of steaming coats and shoes in the hallway – apparently the walk home from school co-incided with the downpour 😆

easygirl

Rode in this morning, was getting ready to come home when got a phone call from my wife
    “don’t even think of riding your bike in this”
    Suitably told off got a lift in our van
    Felt a bit of a cheat, but it was very gusty

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Proper teeth gritter with a head/side wind in + side/head wind home.
    The magic of Pembrokeshire 360 headwinds. Winter ITA.

boxelder

18 miles home and no rain! Even had a tailwind 😀
    A lot of standing water though and a monster hail shower 5 minutes after I got home 😛

toby1

Windy in this morning – but not too much rain on the way home – just a side-wind and I may have belted past the cute girl from the end of the office – what was I thinking!

samuri
    Free Member

I had to ride into work up on the pedals the entire way. Sweating like a pig once I got there.

Coming home tonight, WEEEEEEE!!! Matching cars on the flat. Legs were going quite fast though on a 75 inch gear.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I got damp on the way in, damp and windblown on the way home.

lowey

Well, the tailwind I thought I would have got, turned into a headwind.

Still better than driving though.

Garry_Lager

I cycled in this afternoon, pretty rough. Prior to, had lunch in a caf near my house that was subsequently hit by a tornado, in South Manchester!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-15948258

Part of a chimney fell on a woman but she doesn’t appear to be seriously injured.

angryratio
    Free Member

Bugger of a wind riding to work (newcastle from coast)
    then tail wind woosh on way home.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Nice and dry on the way to work
    nice and dry on the way home
    Very lucky
    First time i have rode to work since September as I crashed off my bike and suffered a plateu tibia fracture and 2 pieces of metal to hold my bone back together.
    😀

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

Day off work today so went out for a 4 hour ride/fight with the wind- South Pennines- ok until it started raining and hailing as well. Totally drenched & frozen to the bone but still nice to be out riding instead of working.

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘EEK! Who's riding home tonight then?’ is closed to new replies.