Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Ebay – who's won with a 'ooh that's cheap' bid………………………
  • Woody
    Free Member

………………..when they weren't sure they actually wanted the item but the price was so low they couldn't resist a flutter?

I did this afternoon and I'm still not sure. Wasn't pennies and I'm not saying exactly what it was but I feel a monster cross build coming on 😉

Any bargain stories?

RealMan
    Free Member

CK headset 2nd hand, but in very good condition. Complete with ti cap bolt, ti crown race, and a bunch of carbon spacers. £51.

midlifecrashes

A nice bed. 99p. I took them a nice bottle of wine when I went to collect.

molgrips
    Free Member

£50 for a USED bearing and some cups?

Dear god.

peachos
    Free Member

been watching a 2008 intense uzzi vp frame with totems and a load of other bits n pieces. it finished today at £510. think someone got one today…

Tracey

Got this for Abigale just before lunch

Tracey

mrsgrips
    Free Member

99p string… So many times… I could open my own string shop, only I do not know how to open a small business and I have little time to run one anyhow…

sc-xc

I won some stars and stripes sram shifters…

epicyclo

I bought that goppingly ugly 2 wheel drive bike in Oz for $29…

That was a surprise to me 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

The Specialized Langster I got for £220 seems cheap to me – it's in pretty much brand new condition as well.

verses

After a few shandies last weekend I bid, a not insignificant amount on a frame, fully expecting to be instantly outbid as it was cheap for what it was.

I'm currently in the process of gathering components to build it up. Oh and attempting to work out how to regain brownie points with MrsV…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I won a pair of new DT 440 hubs on Mavic rims for £50. They were listed as Magura, I doubt anyone else saw them.

Creg

got a 99p computer last Friday

Managed to get enough parts to make a spec decent enough to play a few games for under £100

StefMcDef
    Free Member

The fecker that got my Fox Vanilla forks for £107 the other day. Well below the going rate. Probably someone off here.

tang
    Free Member

as new 105 ht11 chainset and bb, £12.

mrchrispy

got some bargin Fox Vanilla forks the other day….reckon i'll sell them on at a profit 😉

Woody
    Free Member

I bought that goppingly ugly 2 wheel drive bike in Oz for $29…

I remember that, have you got it yet? IIRC your son? was in Oz and going to collect.

My 'bargain' is quite ugly but may be ideal for the basis of a semi-fat trial 😆

catnap
    Free Member

brand new pair of sombrio forensic rasta gloves £3.80 bargain and still tagged 😀

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

A pair of SRAM anniversary shifters and mechs (stars and stripes) went cheap the other week
    (apologies, but just couldn't resist)

chakaping
    Free Member

I used to have one of them Tracey. It's a lovely light frame.

What did you pay out of interest?

colnagokid

Scalextric for £7.50 😀

stuartie_c
    Free Member

£280 for this wasn't too bad (included Thomson seatpost and Hope collar)

R1011991 by stuartie_c, on Flickr

Mackem

Got some practically new Maui Jim sunglasses for 11 quid. Bargain.

Northwind

That's how I ended up with my Hemlock. Came up on ebay, it had been built but never ridden then stripped down again, so practically a new frame, chucked in a bid that clearly wasn't going to win, then won by accident. Turned out not too bad really :mrgreen: My Bontrager Rhythm wheels were a crazy bargain too, because the seller couldn't spell Bontrager or Rhythm, I got them on a lucky search for "UST 20mm"

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2x SC Hecklers (one for me 1 for the missus)

on the flip side a friend hit buy it now on a Blur lT at a Very good price only for the seller to announce it was already sold. C*ck

steve_b77
    Free Member

Charge Plug sold as being 3 months old – hardly used.

It came in a frikkin box with not a spec of dirt on it, if it had been ridden for more than a mile I'd be amazed.

£250 delivered, yey.

andrewh
    Free Member

Watching a bike box, no-one bid so I made him an offer of approximately half the asking price and he accepted.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

£45 set of Sennheiser headphones for £13 incl delivery a few weeks go made me quite happy

epicyclo

Woody – Member
    'I bought that goppingly ugly 2 wheel drive bike in Oz for $29…"
    I remember that, have you got it yet? IIRC your son? was in Oz and going to collect.

I'll pick it up next time I go over. My son collected it, and assures me it's the ugliest piece of sh1t he's ever seen, but it has its interesting points.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Nearly new gas central heating boiler for 99p.

vdubber67
    Free Member

stuartie_c – Member

£280 for this wasn't too bad (included Thomson seatpost and Hope collar)

Wow. Nice deal.

-Liam-
    Free Member

I picked up a small steel Charge Duster frame for 43 quid.

Seller had it listed as a large Aluminium Duster BMX frame.

**** clueless idiot. Would of been rude not to have a cheeky punt.

Recently sold it for a more realistic price and a bought an mmmbop in a more roomy medium 😀

Edric64
    Free Member

nice one Liam! 😆

epicyclo

-Liam- – Member
    I picked up a small steel Charge Duster frame for 43 quid.

Seller had it listed as a large Aluminium Duster BMX frame.

**** clueless idiot.

Stolen bike perchance?

andrewh
    Free Member

Someone on here ages ago pointed one out, unfortunately bidding had ended.

Something like '3 adult bikes, good working order.' That was it, full description. One picture of all three outside his garage, two Halford specials full-susses at the front, green hardtail at the back, barely visible. Went for about £20 for the lot.

Some keen-eyed person had asked for more pics of the green bike. T'was an early Klein Attitude, looked mint.

user-removed
    Free Member

Brand new, boxed, Sigma 105mm macro lens – guy had 12 for sale and I stuck the same stupidly low bid (£60) on each of them. Totally forgot about it until I got the ebay email telling me I'd won. Seller was a bit miffed…..

Proper retro Kona Hahanananana, completely original and practically unused. No-one was bidding as the seller was in deepest, darkest Somerset and specified local pickup only. I asked him if he would courier it to me if I sorted it out and paid. He immediately agreed, I won the bike for £20 and paid £18 for the courier

-Liam-
    Free Member

Stolen bike perchance?

The frame number was cross referenced but it draw a big zero and I did ask the seller how he came to own it. Said he'd had it for a couple of years with the intention of stripping his old bike and putting all the bits on the charge. Said lack of knowledge held him back. It had clearly been stored somewhere though, judging from the thick layer of dust it.

Actually built up to a really pretty bike, just to small for me at 5'10"..

pegglet
    Free Member

a month old Knolly Delerium,Cane Creek shock ,ti. spring, (my weight,what luck) king h,set etc. a snip at £1220 instead of £2500 frame/shock. £100+ h,set etc…. i feel a terrible guilt for the seller and best of all i was considering a new one at the time. life is good! (tomorrow i get run over by a bus….)

lunge

Planet-X Jack Flash frame for £28. Has now been built into my downhill hardtail and is great fun.

thomthumb
    Free Member

road bike for £15

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Ebay – who's won with a 'ooh that's cheap' bid………………………’ is closed to new replies.