Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • ebay time wasting seller, what to do?
  • 29erKeith
    Free Member

I bid on and won this FORD MONDEO TURBO DIESEL ESTATE **NO RESERVE AUCTION**

just after the auction I get this..

Hi, I really don’t want to be rude, but i can’t let the car go for so low. I know it was a no reserve auction, but i did’nt relise at all the auction will reach this price only, wich is far far under the value of the car. Please try to understand and i hope we can leave positive feedbacks anyway.
    I do apologise

I emailed him to ask what he would accept and he replied with £1300,
    The cars got 135k in the clock a short MOT a broken driver’s door handle and damaged body work FFS!

So I obviously can’t make him sell it to me and I’ve recieved a “cancellation request” which I’m to accept or reject in the next 7 days.
    Now I want to leave -ve feedback as I feel I should after being mucked around and to warn other ebayers. But I don’t want to get left with -ve myself.

The car is spot on for what I want, basicly a big estate with tow bar to use as a van for a house renovation. I’m half tempted to say £1200 but with a new MOT. I think it was a good price but not £460 off of the mark.

No Reserve means no bloody reserve you idiot!!!!!

so what do/can I do?

convert

I “think” he is legally bound to sell it to you – I’m sure there have been cases of people tackling this legally. But surely not worth the bother.

Agreed he should be warned off in some way. There is no way you can have -ve feedback as a buyer now no matter what you leave about him – ebay does not allow this as an option. If you want to protect your sale cough up the cash for an auction with a reserve. Report him to ebay first I’d say via the dispute process.

dooosuk
    Free Member

He can’t leave you negative feedback.

Don’t accept the cancellation request.

Leave feedback to state he wouldn’t sell. Ebay will still charge him the fees. He can only leave you neutral which you can get Ebay to remove.

Move onto the next car.

richmtb

I wouldn’t think twice about leaving him -ve feedback to be honest. Its jokers like this that ruin ebay.

I sold a Minoura bike stand (in great nick) to someone for £1 once. I really didn;t want to but felt I had to as those were the rules of selling on ebay.

Leave him -ve feedback then walk away

BigJohn

email him saying “This is MY car you’re talking about. Do you understand? MY car.”

donsimon
    Free Member

You clicked a button and read an e-mail, exactly how much time has been wasted?
    Move on.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Thanks to those that have been constructive.

I’ll leave -ve feedback (to warn other ebayers) and raise a dispute with ebay so I don’t get -ve or neutral, which was my only real concern.

Sidney
    Free Member

If you’re not happy open a dispute. I know when I start a no reserve auction I have to accept less than I might like/expect. I do it to entice people to bid. If I don’t honour that then I would feel like I’ve decieved people.

warton
    Free Member

no reserve = bite the bullet. i’ve sold stuff for a quid that was worth thirty quid, but its the gamble you take.

29erKeith
    Free Member

I know that’s exactly how I feel about it too
    But nothing else I can do.
    Just rude and dishonest, annoyed but just want to warn others

wwaswas

as above, don’t accept the cancellation and leave -ve feedback.

donsimon
    Free Member

Thanks to those that have been constructive told me what I want to hear.

😆

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

He’s got a few cars for sale. Trader in disguise? The inland revenue might be interested…

cynic-al
    Free Member

shite in his slippers.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

link not working

thomthumb
    Free Member

er he shouldn’t have it up if he doesn;t want to play the game.

and as for the true value – well why didn’t anyone pay more then?

dooosuk
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have bought from him anyway…the auction title reads:

FORD MONDEO TURBO DIESEL ESTATE **NO RESERVE AUCTION**
    VGC*TOW BAR*A/C*LOW MILEAGE*JUST SERVICED*ECONOMICAL

Can’t be VGC if it’s got damage and low mileage isn’t 135k miles.

I wouldn’t trust anything else he said about the car after reading that.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ebay time wasting seller, what to do?’ is closed to new replies.