Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • EBay return,what to do.
  • duckman

So I bought most of a bike on eBay for a winter commuter,when it arrived it was a complete dog. Contacting the seller was like lighting a sweary blue touch paper,so I escalated it and won the case. I have been in touch asking for him to organise a courier,but nothing from him. The eBay case is closed and the simple question is this….How long do I wait for him to organise shipping? “Rattle can” is increasingly in my thoughts when I see the box. Usual berating for not sending it back welcome,but on eBay now it would appear to be the sellers look out when goods aren’t as described.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Have you got your money back?

duckman

Yes and the case is closed…but I believe I still have to return it if he pays the post as he could use the small claims if he asks for it and I don’t return it.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Email him saying it’s ready for him to arrange collection. Sling it in the back of the shed and forget about it.

dooosuk
    Free Member

So you’re quite prepared and happy to use it should he not organise a courier. Why don’t you just offer him a percentage of your winning bid to keep it? Then everyone is happy.

duckman

Trust me D-k,it wasn’t one of those types of negotiations. The post is seized,and the “new” hope headset was an early prototype,his reaction was that I had got the post stuck… He doesn’t respond to a weekly email and that has been 6 weeks since the case was closed. I have been warned that the frame/parts belong to him,which has stopped me getting the post out.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Don’t worry about it. You have a record of the correspondence where you told him to arrange a courier.

If you want an end to it, tell him you’ll wait until x date for him to collect it, then you’ll dispose of it.

taxi25
    Free Member

Is all thats wrong with the bike a stuck seat post and a poorly described headset ?

Cougar

Tell him his bike is in your way and he has 28 days to arrange collection before disposal. Copy in eBay if you can.

Either that tell him you’ll charge him storage at £2/day until it’s collected. (-:

Cougar

Thinking about it,

If he’s refunded it and can’t be arsed to collected it, I’d wonder if it was stolen.

duckman

Cougar,the damage to it was all down to neglect,a look at his profile showed 10 years membership and little activity,none of the rest I could see was bike related. MI have said I will box it up etc if he emails me courier docs but no reply. Taxi,seized BB, bent hanger,chainset missing teeth.Chain,mech,cass all gunged up with what looks like wd40…

aracer
    Free Member

Your point is?

plyphon
    Free Member

I think he is thinking about making you an offer.

£5 delivered.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

The seller still has the money, eBay refunded you

You get to keep the bike

I’ve has it happen a couple of times, it’s rare, usually happens when the seller doesn’t respond to the case

Contact customer support, they will tell you the same

duckman

The seller won’t have the money,ebay will be mithering him on an hourly basis. Ebay also told me when I phoned on Sunday that all that had happened was that their involvement was done. As best as I can google(sorry), keeping the frame if he asks for it isn’t legal just because ebay aren’t interested. He will have somewhere an email from me asking for a refund and to send it back,that could be the basis for small claims if he wanted to for £250 if I refused to return it.(Which I am not going to do btw,it is just that it would have made a fine commuter)

sadexpunk

can i just ask what my chances of a refund are in my case please? (bear with me, its complicated :-D)

i received a vintage razor from a seller in france. it was broken. contacted the seller who said send it back, he’ll refund. i didnt realise the seller is liable for refund costs so thought i had to pay. took it to PO and chose ‘first class with receipt’ as they said it insures against loss for £20 (my costs were £25 inc postage so thought it worth the gamble)
    buyer states he hasnt received it. off i go to the PO who state ive underpaid postage, i should have paid more for airmail. PO say i need to download a form or whatever to claim, but ill have no success as its basically just a receipt for a stamp! their mistake in my view as theyre sposed to know how it should have been sent, i just asked for it to be sent so im covered against loss.

i now discover the seller should have paid return postage and theres a proper process to go through so my fault there. http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/return-item.html

looks like we’re all at fault here. seller for selling piece of sh*t, PO for accepting the wrong form of postage, and me for not following a correct returns process 😀

think i should just write this one off, or still file complaint against seller for selling broken goods?

thanks

dirtyrider
    Free Member

The seller won’t have the money,ebay will be mithering him on an hourly basis.

In this case he will have,

I’ve been there, as both a seller and a buyer

If the money had come back out his account, do you think he’d still ignore your emails considering you have his “bike” I’m sure he’d be raving at you like a loon,

duckman

DR,surely ebay will have given him a negative balance? That would bork his account until he makes it good again.

SXpunk, if the razor had been ok,would it have got lost in the return post? File a complaint,I suspect that I was just meant to suck it up,and I think a fair few sellers on ebay increasingly have that attitude.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Im in similar boat. Bought a set of “good cond 200mm travel 888” turned up as freddie kruger hugged stanchions and 170mm drop offs….. Paypal paid out today after no response and im stuck with thes abomonations everyone has said bin em or give em away. Even paypal have stated no action to send back… But ive given a chance and mailed him saying he arrange courier or he pays me for me sending back to him….

duckman

Phil,what do you mean by “no action to send back?” I was told he would be in touch,and he would have to arrange a courier. Ebay took no interest in it when I asked about sending the frame back as it was closed…BUT if I have have been refunded,he COULD take me to the small claims as the refund is on the assumption that I will return the bike,if I was to ignore him hang on to it,which I am not going to do. (unlikely I know but my glass has always been half empty)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘EBay return,what to do.’ is closed to new replies.