Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • EBay Carbon Frame & Fork Road Bike
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Would you/have you bought a Carbon frame & fork from one of the Ebay sellers based in Hong Kong and China, seeing as most frames are made there any way would they be trustworthy??? Linky

Wrongun
    Free Member

I took delivery of a Flyxii FR-R04 frame a couple of months ago, and built it up with bontrager/trek and ultegra parts off my old 2003 Trek 1500. I have been commuting on it and have now probably done 700 miles with no issues. The frame weighted 1100g and feels very stiff. The bike is 8.5kg including pedals, cages etc. The frame appeared very well finished and I left positive feedback. So far, so good is my experience. I jazzed it up with a 661 sticker set, but it looked good in stealth mode too!

damitamit
    Free Member

I’ve done over 3000 miles on my FM028 frameset bought from Carbonzone (ebay) and Im still alive. Built it up as a winter road bike, it’s been great. Fairly light and nice to ride (comparable to my Isaac Impulse).

Even did LEJOG on it a couple of weeks ago…

BrickMan

Yeah loads on the LFGSS.com forum buy the ebay crabones and seem to have survived, the import aluminium stuff is hideous though.

lightman
    Free Member

99% are fine, you just have to make sure to give the frame/fork a good look over when you get it.
    My friends French team use the same frame/forks as mine and paint it in their team colours.
    This is mine and i have done around 2000 miles in the last year and a few races without any issues, it now has a black stem 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Hmmmm… just imagine, you could get one of those and paint it in a really subtle sage or Bianchi duck-egg blue or mauve……

valleydaddy
    Free Member

That looks ace

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘EBay Carbon Frame & Fork Road Bike’ is closed to new replies.