• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by bigG.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Eating out in Keswick – any suggestions?
  • chrissyboy
    Free Member

We're staying in Keswick on Saturday night with some of the posher end of the Chrissyboy genepool, just looking for suggestions on places to eat – we'd be happy with any of the pubs but they like something more 'special'. It has to be somewhere in the town so we don't have to drive.

Thanks in advance…..

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Morells is good – down on Lake Road, on the right after George Fisher.

TomB

Morrel's is about the only spot I'd recommend that doesn't involve a drive. Keswick can be pretty mediocre for food. I'd book in advance for Saturday if I was you. http://www.morrels.co.uk 017687 72666

edit: I see PT beat me to it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nbt

We had a nice meal at the George hotel last time we stayed in Keswick
    http://www.georgehotelkeswick.co.uk/

Gary_M
    Free Member

Keswick can be pretty mediocre for food

You haven't been to the chippy and the pastie shop then. Although probably neither the right place for a posh grub.

AdamW
    Free Member

I went to the Square Orange last year. They do good food, very 'bohemian' I guess you'd call it.

Linky

phiiiiil

Go to the George Hotel and have their Gigantic Cow Pie.

OMG *stomach explodes*

poisonspider
    Free Member

How about vegetarian? Is that what you mean by special? Try the Lakeland Pedaller, it's more of a cafe than a restraunt but the food is good. Plus there's a bike shop upstairs!

chrissyboy
    Free Member

I always think vegetarianism is more 'special needs' rather than 'special'…

*chrissyboy makes himself chuckle out loud and is then a bit shameful and red faced*

No, I've eaten in the Pedaller before and it's very nice but I think of all the recommendations I'm going to book Morrels – it looks (from the website) that it fits the brief perfectly for the poshies from Chelmsford.

Ta all!

stever
    Free Member

It's probably heresy to suggest it, being a nice shop and all, but I thought the bike shop caff was overpriced and very ordinary. Maybe it was just the wrong night?

poisonspider
    Free Member

Everywhere in Keswick is overpriced!

How can weirdy beardy veggie be ordinary?

(I'm not a vegetarian by the way, in fact I only realised it was a meat free establishment after I sat down and read the menu.)

Marin
    Free Member

Was in Morells last Christmas thought it was very good for the price.

muddy@rseguy

Greggs in Main Street… 🙂

A little bit of a drive up the A66 but the Horse and Farrier in Threlkeld is very good

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

The Salsa Mexican opposite the car museum was fantastic, but it shut down for a while so I don't know if it is still open. Don't go to the Italian off the main street, mate of mine had an unfortunate card related incident there.

bigG
    Free Member

Goulash at the Dog & Gun is awesome, remainder of the menu isn't half bad either. Lovely atmosphere and plenty of decent beer. Don't forget to shove some loose change into the cracks in the walls as a contribution to the Mountain Rescue.

The chippy in the square, and the one down towards the supermarket are both pretty good.

G

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Eating out in Keswick – any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.