Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Earphones worn by cyclists…. and others rant….
  • antigee

5 senses – better chance of smelling death coming than hearing the car/truck that is going to clip you

MrAgreeable

Konaboy, if I was talking about cycling to a non cyclist of course I’d be bigging it up. I love many things about it: the speed, the free exercise, the convenience, the fact that I get to participate in fascinating forum debates about tyres. But there is no denying that it is more dangerous than other forms of transport.

There is no “other” set of statistics that prove cycling is safe. The best CTC et al can do is the rather clumsy workaround which shows that cyclists tend to have better life expectancies than immobile slobs. Most people perceive cycling as dangerous, and relatively speaking they are right.

I’m sure that anyone who cycles regularly in urban areas has had to cultivate a pretty philosophical attitude towards the numerous times your safety gets endangered by a driver. Trying to argue that black is white is not really going to get many more people into cycling.

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Earphones worn by cyclists…. and others rant….’ is closed to new replies.