Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • early autumn evening rides, best of the year?
  • rOcKeTdOg

cool, but still warm enough to wear shorts and a jersey, less insects, glorious sunsets and the ground is still firm, i think now is my favourite time of the year to ride

from this evening

binners

Couldn’t agree with you more! The best of all worlds! Especially the fantastic sunsets mid ride, with the temperature dropping as you make it back to the pub in the dark.

Great shot!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

They look epic but give me a warm day light until ten o’clock June ride any day.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

26 miles tonight, trails are empty. Awesome.

jamj1974

More one for either late evening summer rides or early winter evening rides where you can smell the frost in the air.

tenfoot

Agree – no-one on the trails, yet still reasonably warm and dry, plus the added buzz of night riding.

For me, it beats riding in the daylight summer evenings.

rOcKeTdOg

another from earlier this evening

boxfish
    Free Member

Sunny, frosty winter morning rides are my favourite. The crispy crunching of icy fallen leaves with the crystal sparkle of frozen dew.

mattjg
    Free Member

Yes, but it’s not autumn yet here, it’s still damp summer dog end.

Proper autumn with golden leaves, especially a cold clear sun-downer ride, is glorious in Surrey Hills.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I hate Autumn, almost as much as I hate winter.

But cool sunshine, firm ground and long days in the saddle are what brought me into mountain biking in the first place.

rOcKeTdOg

one more

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘early autumn evening rides, best of the year?’ is closed to new replies.