Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • dust, Dust, DUST!!!!
  • qwerty
    Free Member

On my stanchions after 3hrs at Cwm Carn today.

First of this year.

Rode both the XC trails, loved the Twrch.

:mrgreen:

cakefacesmallblock

Excellent !

Post of the year !

z1ppy

GTFO!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me too! However I’m riding the lanes of Hampshire and for the first time this year in short bibs and l/s jersey on dry, yes dry, roads..

Stunningly warm and sunny.

Hope it last out for you all over the weekend 8)

Rosss
    Free Member

Bugger I went yesterday and got a very light layer of muck, I’ll be back there tomorrow dust hunting!

Northwind

I understand that tomorrow’s gale force winds are going to blow-dry the trails faster than the torrential rain can wet them, and so we too will be riding in dust.

Bregante

I had a proper ride of two halves today. First half was dry – second half was a mud fest 😕

tillydog
    Free Member

Got home from a quick blast this afternoon and the bike was actually cleaner than when I set out! (Honest!)

P-Jay
    Free Member

YES!

Balws to this cold – I’m going to Cwmcarn in the morning!

AlexSimon

Everything is firming up nicely round here too. (west peak district)
    No mud at all today messing about in the woods.

rocketman
    Free Member

Not exactly dusty around Cannock today but conditions were magical:
    DRY
    SUNNY
    and not cold

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Dust is a truly magical mountain biking thing… 🙂

sas78

Thought this was a diet thread there… 😀

No dust in Edinburgh, just a windy, wet, glar… I thought this was a “little Britain” too…

Enjoy your dusty trails you lucky things!

DT78
    Free Member

Was there really dust at Cwmcarn? I’m off next week so may make the pilgrimage….!

rOcKeTdOg

The dust here is cunningly mixed with water

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yet another cracking day to be had on the South Coast, I suggest you all come down here right now and ride out over our bumps for a change, don’t bring a change of clothes, you’ll not need them..

8)

wiggles
    Free Member

Sorry to disappoint but if the dust is just on your fork and/or shock and not anywhere else then that is still mud… it just gets heated up enough to dry out faster than the rest.

Rosss
    Free Member

I can confirm Cwmcarn is dryer than a desert* and not a cloud in the sky, running perfectly

*Might not be true

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’d go as far to say it’s arid at Cwmcarn, take extra fluids and sunscreen.

It’s bound to be because I’m still too sick to ride – it’ll probably rain frogs next weekend.

chakaping
    Free Member

Perfect slightly tacky dirt in the woods here today.

Shame I was walking the dog and not riding.

🙁

nach
    Free Member

Very dry and lots of dust up at Lee Quarry today. Hellish headwind on the climbs, though right behind you on most of the downs 🙂

milky1980
    Free Member

Cwmcarn is definitely dusty!! Even managed to get a tiny bit of sunburn on my neck!

That’ll teach me to chat to a pretty blonde at the top in the sunshine 😳

misterduncan
    Free Member

Even the top of Cafell was almost dry today. Plenty of dust on Twrch.

Very happy about what they’ve done with the gates on Cafell. Hope they do the rest of them.

oliverracing

I had a little bit of dust in Leicestershire today, but I was even more amazed that some local woods that are normally a muddy no-go October to june were almost completely dry! 😀

Bregante

Penmachno was dusty today!

Right up until the point where we left the car park.
    As for the wind. Jesus H Christ!

mindmap3
    Free Member

First dry and dusty ride of the year yesterday….was nice to get back to the car and not have to get changed in the rain or spend ages cleaning everything once home.

Nice to feel sun on my arms and neck too.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m sunburnt to buggery..

Checked out some nice forest trails yesterday and heard of some more locally, all very very dusty and they will still be there when I get back back from the beach in a few days time..

And still just over 3 weeks left in New Zealand 8)

qwerty
    Free Member

misterduncan – Member

Very happy about what they’ve done with the gates on Cafell. Hope they do the rest of them.

POSTED 14 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

What have they done with the gates? I’d not ridden there for a few years so it was my first time round Cafell, I thought there were a lot of gates (negating the need for a dropper!), but I understand why they are there.

milky1980
    Free Member

Most of the gates have been widened (you can weave through them easy) or removed so you just carry on riding. A lot of local pressure has been put on the youths on MX bikes to not ride the trails and it’s worked. They stick to the parts of the forest that we don’t use (still not official for them, but tolerated), you can usually hear one blatting around most evenings. Before the Cafall was built they had free reign on that side of the valley, the gates were definitely needed to start with!

Dibbs
    Free Member

Stuck here at work, looking over towards the Quantocks, it looks like its raining again over there. Just hope it’s finished by going home time.

lawton1987
    Free Member

I was wondering why they changed the gates on cafall, agreed a big improvement. Would be awesome to ride it with no gates!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Unfortunately the same can’t be said at Afan – Bob the ranger removed a load of the gates and it was lovely – the MX crowd repaided all the trust by riding all over Whites.

I don’t see the point, singketrack must be too tight to be fun on an MX bike.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Just been to Swinley for a dry, dusty ride. Bike is just as clean as when I started , so chucked back in the garage for the next ride. Happy Days 😀

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

[/url]8th March 2015 by -Cheesyfeet-, on Flickr[/img]

Was lovely out there this morning.

….until we found the foul smelling gloop fest later on

bikebouy
    Free Member

SDW running dry and hard, some forests too if you stay on the fire trails, bit gloopy in the troughs and some deeper puddles in ruts but on the whole over Duncton way it’s pretty darn cool.

jam-bo

Was almost dusty in devon last night when I got out for a short ride before sundown.

several hours of rain put paid to that this first thing this morning. Back to greasy slop.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Beautiful conditions at Afan today, dry and dusty in the open – fast and tacky in the trees.

chaos

img]8th March 2015 by -Cheesyfeet-, on Flickr[/img]

go on, looks amazing, how did you keep the bike up? 😆

Speeder

FOD was in great condition today. As P-Jay says of Afan dry and dusty or hero dirt with only the odd puddle here and there to put a dampner on proceedings but even then most were easily skirted.

Car park was packed – I’ve literally never seen it so full, especially considering they’re now using the depot to park. I’ve not been for a while and maybe it was the Mini DH that was on today or maybe cycling really is getting big.

lawton1987
    Free Member

Perfect conditions in cwmcarn today, rode in shorts and T shirt for the first time this year! 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘dust, Dust, DUST!!!!’ is closed to new replies.