Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Dualit toasters…are they all that?
  • konabunny
    Free Member

No. One element worked intermittantly and the timer was duff in the first year of operation. Now works…OK.

Tim
    Free Member

Question:

Why do most toasters have slots not large enough for standard sized bread?

How come setting 3 = warm bread, 3.5 = warm bread, 3.9 = hugely undercooked toast, 4 = charcoal

And if it burns on setting 4, what the hell is setting 6 for? Starting a bread-fusion reaction?

These are questions i want answers to

hunterst
    Free Member

I used to own a cafe which i sold in 1998 – we had 3 dualits

I liberated one of the dualit toasters when i sold up and it is still in our kitchen today. Its probably about 15 years old now and i have only replaced one of the elements – about 6 years ago.

woffle
    Free Member

we’ve had one of their basic 2 slice models for 6 years without a hitch.

their kettles are ace too.

unovolo
    Free Member

Dualitt was a bit too common so we have a “Rowlett Rutland Esprit”

Its pretty much exactly the same as a Dualitt though even the elements are compatible with one and other.

Costly as already said but the Rowlett is British made(which is always a good thing) and rebuildable so in theory should go on forever,plus they just look so much better.
    Plus if you really like your toast and your pockets are deep enough they will build you one of these

stufield
    Free Member

Have a duality bought for gf now wife 15 years ago, you do have to remember to turn it for slightly less time after each go, but does great toast.

we eat a lot of toast in the family and just can’t stand ones with magnetic release as it was always this bit that broke on cheaper toasters

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Dualit toasters…are they all that?’ is closed to new replies.