Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dual fuel freestanding cookers
  • toby1

Dull as … I know, but apparently mine has just been de-commissioned so I need a new one and sharpish – I like food and food is made in a cooker!

So, what is good and bad about them, they all seem to cost a shed-load, are any better made than other and are the really worth the extra, in addition to that where does one buy one for a decent price these days?

footflaps

As in electric & gas? Had my Leisure one for 10 years and it’s as good as the day I bought it.

skiboy
    Free Member

i have a rangemaster 90 dual, never had a problem with it in 7 yrs

rustler
    Free Member

Dual-fuel as in gas & electric ? Or posh Aga things ? Dont think ours was a lot. £300ish rings a bell ? I think its made by Belling. The old one was a built in, so I took out the whole unit & chopped the worktop. Comet or somewhere like Tylers perhaps…?

toby1

Sorry yes, regular single width cooker, prefer to have a grill and cooker seperate (both lew level) and a gas hab etc.

We had an Indesit which doesn’t even look all that old – hence I’m asking for better replacements 🙂

rustler
    Free Member

Bosch /Stoves ? I only wish we’d have got one with an oven timer. Didnt think to check at the time.

Tracey

We hav a Leisure one but its just gas

Looked at a Cannon one which they did in dual fuel

oxym0r0n

Rangemaster 110 here – bit of a common electrical fault with them (do a google) but got fixed under warranty and been fine. Biggest problem was getting ‘lectrics and gas sorted as we were having ours put somewhere new. If you already have the supplies you’re sorted – best of both worlds with gas hob and fan oven.

ourmaninthenorth

No help to you – Britannia 100cm range. **** ace! Cost A LOT.

toby1

Yeah the 110 is way bigger than the gap I’ve got – need a 60cm I think at most, I really can’t remodel the kitchen at this point in time!

Tracey

We needed a 60mm one and could only find the two above

cbike
    Free Member

Stoves Minirange? 55cm VERY good oven. Expensive but I expect it should last 25 years.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dual fuel freestanding cookers’ is closed to new replies.