Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dual chamber tyres anyone ?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

I think that’s an excellent concept. Although Im not sure how you are supposed to get to the inner face of the outer chamber for repairs etc.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I like the idea, but it also sounds expensive, unreliable (well, I guess you’d end up with a normal tyre if it faield). And ‘200g is comparable to a tube at 190g’, who uses tubes anymore? It’s adding a pound of rotating weight.

Anyone remember THE Eliminator rims? Same idea, but with the 2nd chamber being a plastic tube stuck in the rim, but bombed as it’s about 200g heavier than tubeless.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    atlaz
    Free Member

who uses tubes anymore

I do on my HT as I couldn’t be bothered slinging perfectly good tyres in the bin when I upgraded the wheelset to one that is tubeless capable

honourablegeorge

Two valves? How do you align the logo? AAAAAAGH

kimbers

if it grips well enough maybe, but enduro races require a lot of riding and extra weight and extra draginess?

it does remind me a bit of this

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I do on my HT as I couldn’t be bothered slinging perfectly good tyres in the bin when I upgraded the wheelset to one that is tubeless capable

Fair point, but,

a) you could (probably) convert them anyway
    b) by that argument this is still pointless as you alrready have a tyre.

atlaz
    Free Member

a) load of arse ache for a bike that I mostly ride in winter and I’ve never had a puncture on
    b) didn’t say I wanted them, just saying not everyone has gone fully tubeless

spectabilis
    Free Member

I’m using tubes…..in my ghetto dual chamber setup.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dual chamber tyres anyone ?’ is closed to new replies.