Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Does time fly as you get older
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Nearing 40 and I seem to have less and less time – perhaps I have more stuff to do now but every day seems to go in a blink of an eye now – will it get worse? I have hardly any time to come on here these days too 🙁

Edit: oops sorry wrong forum !

composite
    Free Member

Read a theory that suggested that as you get older you experience less new things to mark the passing of time by. 😐

jota180
    Free Member

will it get worse?

Most certainly 🙂
    It used to be a drag until Friday, now it’s every other day [or feels like it]
    At 53 [and I know it’s a cliche] but it genuinely feels like just a few years ago my 23 year old daughter was a toddler

foxyrider
    Free Member

I am sure – good – glad its not just me! Oh well its easier to wait for purchases now. I remember as a kid 1 hours used to be an eternity!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I can’t believe I’m still in bed,oh well it’ll be lunchtime in a minute.

rewski
    Free Member

My boy turned 9 the other week, 9 years! Seems like I was only at the maternity hospital yesterday.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oh yeah that’s another thing – I can’t seem to lay in past 8am any more 🙁

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Your perception of time changes.

at 1 year old the next year is a lifetime.
    at 2 years old the next year is half a lifetime.
    at 40 years old the next year is only 1/40 of a lifetime.

emac65
    Free Member

My boy turned 9 the other week, 9 years! Seems like I was only at the maternity hospital yesterday

Ditto that,’cept two of mine are late teens & both working for a living now………….

fasthaggis

Old age is a state of mind.
    What state is your mind in? 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

sorry no time seems the same to me…apart from injuries do take lots longer to heal or that i am more patient and let them heal…seems a long time since my kids were born (me 46) oldest 22 years…….

some things take me longer to do…….others quicker.

The new thing is intresting….older folk round us in their 70/80s seem to be doing loads…walking/learning new things rather than sitting down watchingthe world go by.

A a case of use it or lose it

foxyrider
    Free Member

I still feel about the same as when I was late 20’s / 30 – I think I’m just doing more now so have less spare time?

mau00149
    Free Member

I hit 30 this year and have no idea where time is going, less and less time to do anything! So many plans for this year and never had an opportunity to get them ticked off. If it continues to get faster as I get older, I ain’t looking forward to 40’s!!!!

GrahamS

My boy turned 9 the other week, 9 years! Seems like I was only at the maternity hospital yesterday

I’ll pass on something my father-in-law said to me, which has always stuck in my mind:

Your boy is 9. You’ve probably had half of your time with him before he leaves home. 😯

Cherish it!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m not too sure about “time flying” butif for sure passes waaaayyyyy more quickly these days.

I remember back at Uni the endless days of rolling around and stumbling off to lectures, then ” ” nothing in the afternoons. Had to fill my time sailing rather than playing with my dick..

But as work crept in, family, sailing and bikes.. well it’s been a good old while since those days of “hmmm what shall i do now” cropping up on my head.

But I think it’s more a case of planning to do stuff, you know, to make sure you make the most of the time you have out of work.

So really.. we fill the gaps with stuff and hence “time flies”

chewkw
    Free Member

Time moves too slowly for me as I rather like the idea of time ending now with all maggots disintegrating into dust at the blink of the eyes.

Time is merely a perception of complicate minds, there is no such thing as times but your body slowly rotting away … you’re are slowly disintegrating …

foxyrider
    Free Member

So really.. we fill the gaps with stuff and hence “time flies”

Yup sounds about right to me 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Does time fly as you get older’ is closed to new replies.