Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Does anyone have a spare brake piston spreader to lend?
  • motivforz
    Free Member

The uni have got some basic Rapid Prototype machines in, and I fancy making a few things. One of the things I’ve never had and would quite like is those brake spreader blocks you put in whilst bleeding brakes. Can anyone lend me one, so I can knock up a CAD model and then get a few made? I’ll post it back asap, my email is in profile.

As I’ve never seen one, if they are individually tailored to manufacturers then I’ve got juicy 5’s and shimano deores, so ones specific to those would be great.

I could provide a RP part as well if you would like in return, although the resolution of the printers aren’t great, so it won’t be a high quality part. Will hopefully do the job for me though.

Cheers!

Dancake
    Free Member

I leave the old pads in, spread with a kitchen knife 🙂

billyboulders
    Free Member

YGM

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Corrugated card is very good to hold the pads apart, cleans any containments off the pads and does not fall out

motivforz
    Free Member

Thanks again BB!

I normally stick a bit of card or something in, I just wanted an excuse to make some custom stuff with the shiny new RP machines. Anybody want anything making, or can think of anything cool to make that’s bike related? I’m tempted to make a stem mounted phone holder, and little bits like that.

Dancake
    Free Member

Some kind of hose guide for forks would be cool . like the marz one but universal

nb this might already exist…havnt checked

Trekster

Anybody want anything making,

New levers for my Hayes brakes? Old carbon ones are worn at the pivots
    Good mounts for Fenix torches 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone have a spare brake piston spreader to lend?’ is closed to new replies.