Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dodgy classifieds deal
  • RaglanSurf
    Free Member

Morning folks, Recently bought a tripod from the classifieds, received it in great condition, unfortunately it's not the one the seller posted the link for. It's a significantly cheaper tripod and I'm a bit pi**ed off. He's not responded to any emails. Of course he could be away on holiday but it's been nearly a week now. It's a bit far for me to pay a visit, so what to do next?

Link to thread…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ot-photography-stuff-with-pics

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

The one in his picture appears to have three leg locks and the one in the link has two

Perhaps he just posted the wrong link, he mentions it cost him 100 quid, so obviously different if the linked one was 99 without the head

Not condoning the misrepresentation, but do you still think you have got a decent tripod at a fair price?
    Looks ok especially with the head for that money, would be good to see what he says though

Just checked again and have you been sold the 7300? bit naughty because that's only 70 quid new

RaglanSurf
    Free Member

There's no actual model number on it, but yes, I'm pretty sure it's the 7300 which I could happily of wandered into Calumet and bought myself. As he said he paid over £100 for it I don't think he posted the wrong link!

nuke

Tricky one as he has been around for a bit and has posted a fair bit. Plus he has a fairly decent website which includes contact details (Have you tried phoning him?). I can understand why you're annoyed if he hasn't responded to your emails but might be worth giving him the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer

RaglanSurf
    Free Member

Nuke, I agree he has been around for a while and he does seem to be quite busy so I am trying to be patient and not fly off the handle. So I'll give him a while longer before taking it further. I'll check his website and get the number, thanks.

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

so what to do next?

don't post on here "Dodgy Classifieds Deal" when you've only given him a week to respond after you already said that he could be on holiday. It may be the wrong link, a genuine mistake, but if you're getting a £100 tripod for £65 then i can't see a problem other that you're not getting as big a bargain as you thought – mistakes happen.

I do know If i made a genuine mistake only to see my name being banded about here under "Dodgy Classifieds Deal" I'd tell you to go **** yourself – mabye the benefit of the doubt could last a little longer

RaglanSurf
    Free Member

don't post on here "Dodgy Classifieds Deal" when you've only given him a week to respond after you already said that he could be on holiday. It may be the wrong link, a genuine mistake, but if you're getting a £100 tripod for £65 then i can't see a problem other that you're not getting as big a bargain as you thought – mistakes happen.

I do know If i made a genuine mistake only to see my name being banded about here under "Dodgy Classifieds Deal" I'd tell you to go **** yourself – mabye the benefit of the doubt could last a little longer

Fair point, it really should have been posted with a question mark.

I'm just a bit concerned that's all. I've bought and sold quite a lot of stuff on STW over the past 5 years and never had any problems.

Dobbo

It may be the wrong link, a genuine mistake, but if you're getting a £100 tripod for £65 then i can't see a problem other that you're not getting as big a bargain as you thought – mistakes happen.

If it was a mistake he should sill offer a refund, if you buy something that's not what you are told it is you should get your cash back, even if it is an apparent bargain.

DaveyJohnston
    Free Member

Were his toes for sale as well?

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

Fair point, it really should have been posted with a question mark.

I'm just a bit concerned that's all. I've bought and sold quite a lot of stuff on STW over the past 5 years and never had any problems.

Fair do's , i'd give him a couple of days and if you've got a phone number give him a call. I know myself i forget to check my e-mails and also never check my spam file either, he may just hasn't spotted your e-mail

RaglanSurf
    Free Member

Fair do's , i'd give him a couple of days and if you've got a phone number give him a call. I know myself i forget to check my e-mails and also never check my spam file either, he may just hasn't spotted your e-mail

Will do, I'm off out now to battle the elements so I'll wait til after the weekend for his response.

RaglanSurf
    Free Member

Just spoken to Gaz, it was an honest mistake and the matter is now closed. It's a bit of a lesson learnt, it's so much easier to just pick up the phone and sort it. Anyway no harm done as they say, and I apologise to Gaz for dragging his name through the mud 😀

Pook

THIS TOPIC SHOULD BE DELETED.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dodgy classifieds deal’ is closed to new replies.