Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • Do men like athletic girls?
  • legolam
    Free Member

Interesting article on the BBC website today: Women athletes fear pressures over appearance

I know there aren’t many of us mountain biking girls, but wondered if anyone else had experienced this, or worried about it?

I’ve been cycling a lot this year, and definitely noticed that my legs have got a lot bigger/musclier (is that even a word?!). And womens’ clothing isn’t exactly made for cyclists – I tried on some cropped jeans the other week and couldn’t get the thigh bit of the jeans over my calves! My arms are definitely bigger compared to other girls’ too, because of the mountain biking.

And what are guys’ thoughts on this – are you put off by athletic/muscular women?

ahwiles
    Free Member

Do men like athletic girls?

(looks at girlfriend)

hell yes.

djglover
    Free Member

I have to admit. yes i prefer my women with curves rather than built like me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Definitely “YES” here, unfit/flabby women are a real turn-off.

I’m not that choosy tho 😀

TheBrick
    Free Member

Some men do some men don’t. Articles on What <person> like in their <friend partner whatever > are best ignored.

legolam
    Free Member

I found it a bit concerning that women might actively not exercise because they are scared of being found unattractive.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Blimey, good question!

Me, definitely prefer athletic women, could drool at some of the international women hockey payers all day. Add to that women climbers, windsurfers, MTB riders.

Possibly some men feel intimidated, some may prefer the fragile model types we are fed by the media, but athletic physiques win for me every time.

EDIT: read the question properly! Doh!

toby1

Jessica Biel spends a lot of time in the gym and she’s not get kicked out of my bed 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Jessica ennis!. Mmmm

nwill1
    Free Member

+1 for jessica ennis….but generally no.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Jessica Ennis! Mmmmmman

Another non-story with a tenious link to the olympics which will be followed up on Monday with a story about female athletes trying to be feminine in a male dominated sport.

klunky
    Free Member

Depends

RobHilton
    Free Member

Half-decent Uri Geller impersonation there

Gorehound
    Free Member

Certainly wouldn’t kick Victoria pendleton or Anna mears out.

Edukator
    Free Member

Yes

No

footflaps

My GF struggles to find Jeans the right size, as she runs, cycles and plays hockey her legs are more muscular for her hips / waist in terms of standard clothes and jeans are either too tight on her legs or hang loose around her middle.

restless
    Free Member

I don’t think guys want a girlfriend that looks more muscular than he does, but so long as you aren’t going along the route of Jodie Marsh’s muscles then I don’t think looking toned and healthy should be a problem.

I know some of my friends don’t exercise at all, they just stay thin by not eating much, but then that doesnt make them toned, just skinny, and lazy.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Athletic is way too broad a term as indicated above.

Even within the sport of running you have marathon runners and sprinters… physially they look very different.

Girls that are athletic looking generally have the personality (the important bit) that I’m more likely to be attracted to.

RealMan
    Free Member

22 minutes and no mention of her?

brooess
    Free Member

Toned all the way please.
    Partly for shallow aesthetic reasons 😀 partly because a girl who’s toned has IMO enough self-respect to want to look after herself and the motivation to do it…

MSP

Yes

Athleticism is attractive, taking it to an extreme not so, but no one is going to start popping like Poppeye from partaking in sport for fun, that takes years of dedication and lots of drugs.

MSP

partly because a girl who’s toned has IMO enough self-respect to want to look after herself and the motivation to do it…

I don’t like girls who work out for looks they tend to be high maintenance and narcissistic, prefer those who enjoy sports for what they are.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Of course men like fit, toned women.

Why else would fantasy league tables be full of teams called Yer Maw’s Athletic?

hmanchester
    Free Member

Same as brooess. Works for me aesthetically and normally a good indicator of similar interests and personality type. Massive generalisation but seems to ring true.

theotherjonv

yes, to a point. I agree that massively overweight is not particularly attractive, but equally ripped to the point where muscles and 6 pack are showing doesn’t generally do it for me either; I like women to look like women and to me that means a degree of curviness.

hmanchester
    Free Member

MSP, one of the reasons I exercise is to look good.

One persons high maintenance and narcissism is another’s high motivation and pride in their appearance.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I read the article earlier and thought it was a bit odd, and wondered who were all these people who didn’t like the look of an athletic body.

RobHilton
    Free Member

who were all these people who didn’t like the look of an athletic body

Feeders

legolam
    Free Member

CaptJon – Member
    This is interesting:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/interactive/2012/jul/07/london-2012-olympic-bodies-interactive

Interesting video, thanks.

restless
    Free Member

Feeders

😯

rickmeister

Agreed, thanks for the video link.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

On the evidence of my last visit to my home town of Rotherham, I may have discovered a very large community of “feeders”!!

ebygomm
    Free Member

I do know of friends that specifically avoided certain sports (swimming and cycling) for fear of changing shape, so I think it does happen.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Oggles MrsBouy, yup.

Don’t do fatties down here.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

OP, like you I’ve been doing a lot more cycling this year too. I’ve actually found the opposite though – i’ve not got any more musclier, in fact i’m less so these days, nor has my weight changed either – that’s despite me eating way more than i normally would to fuel me for so much training!

Its not something i really worry or even think about, but then i have quite a small build anyway. I like how my legs look and they do me good on the bike too 🙂

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I prefer a little of cushion for the pushing

kayak23

Del

not the best analogy, but like second-hand cars – whatever colour it comes in. i know, i’m an old romantic.
    i’m unlikely to be attracted to someone who deviates massively from the normal weight for height, but beyond that WGAF if they’re carrying a few more or less pounds on their thighs? if i like ’em, i like ’em, whatever their shape.

garrrrpirate
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Do men like athletic girls?’ is closed to new replies.