Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Do any of these super lights work like this…
  • jeansy
    Free Member

Basically like a motorbike light. I’d like a small rocker switch that could be attached near the grips to switch between med and high settings, the on/off switch could just be on the light. Don’t want low/flash or any other settings.

trail_rat
    Free Member

exposure do their remote switch and uses the rear port to control it

rootes1

i built my own and it does this – i used a maxflex LED controller and you can set it up to do anything.

sure trout could set one of his up and add a remote switch for you if you want to buy ready built

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Basically like a motorbike light. I’d like a small rocker switch that could be attached near the grips to switch between med and high settings, the on/off switch could just be on the light. Don’t want low/flash or any other settings

Trout can build one that works like that. Big red button on the back, press for low, press for high, press for low, press for high, press for low, press for high, press for low, press for high etc etc ad infinitum.

🙂

I’m the same. I don’t want fifty-zillion modes to scroll through 🙂

jeansy
    Free Member

With a little direction I’m sure I could bodge my own, I can manage basic electronics. I thought it might be readily available or almost standard, I would of thought it the best solution in most cases. If you want low or flash then surely you would just use a cheapo, backup smart/cateye etc?

Luminous
    Free Member
    jeansy
    Free Member

Yeah that switch looks idea for the MTb, I prefer the rocker switch on my motorbike but it would be a bit bulky.. Main gripe with these lights is having to scroll through off, flash and unnecessary low modes. I’m yet to invest in a decent light but may consider it if I can’t alter my DX lights to do this. I’m odd but little details like this really annoy me! Lol

rootes1

as above.. if you use a led driver like a MAXflex etc you can programme it to give any combination of modes you like from on/off to a zillion other configs..easy to set up as well.

mine is set to do off/low/hi (short press of switch) or with a long hold on go to flash

luminous – that switch is neat might have to order one of them!

jeansy
    Free Member

Ok, been having a look around the web and wondered if I can run 2xXMLs in series with one P7 and driven by the h6flex at around 3a?

Stoner
    Free Member

speaking of which then, has anyone reprogrammed a trout liberator to cycle off/low/hi? currently only cycles low/hi with off requiring the battery disconnecting.

trout
    Free Member

yes you can do that. but why stick the p7 in there. go for 3
    xmls

jeansy
    Free Member

I have a P7 and two XMLs on way so just easy, plus i thought the P7 adds a little more flood. Will it survive 3a? I just checked the p7 bastid on high and its more like 700ma although my kit is a bit industrial for such small measurements:

jeansy
    Free Member

Ah just thought, thats the current draw from the battery. So thats 5.7Watts. At a guess thats approaching 2a through the emmitter. Ill have to check voltage across emmitter…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Do any of these super lights work like this…’ is closed to new replies.