Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • Do all mtnbikers work in an office ?
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Be afraid, be very afraid

afraid for you ? Don't fall in the canal 🙂

thecrackfox
    Free Member

National Park Ranger, so some in and some out but pretty much out when I fancy and in when I don't 😉

t-p26
    Free Member

Office:No
    Work : That would be nice, it`d mean I could leave my bikes alone for a rest 😉

roger_mellie

Office 60%; out on site 40%. Still white collar though.

Bing
    Free Member

I do a bit of everything and quite a lot of nothing, both in the office and out. I push a pen and get me hands dirty in the works. It pays the bills (most of the time).

Stu

Nearly every article i read in bikes mags make a reference somewhere about riding to and from the office or sneaking an office lunch hour ride.

Maybe its because most bike journalists work in a office? 🙄

jedi

my office is outdoors! 🙂

crispybacon
    Free Member

I work in an office but try to get out as much as I can 😀 to the chagrin of my customers 😕

julianwilson
    Free Member

I have a 'hot desk' shared with two other people (I spend maybe 7 hours a week sat behind it) but mostly i work in a hospital unit.

dalepoint
    Free Member

Blue Collar here Mechanical Engineer.

MussEd
    Free Member

Firefighter – occasionally get summoned to an office to be reprimanded for minor infringement and general "attitude readjustments" that have absolutely nae hope of working.

sambob
    Free Member

i dont work at all, although i would like the money from it. school will have to do for now 😕

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Engineering Geologist – Some office work, some site work, depends on the contract I am working on at the time.

Usually works out indoors in summer and outdoors in winter 🙁

mark.laird
    Free Member

Work in an Office then sometimes in an Abattoir

tandemwarriors

My office has 4 wheels, air conditioning, a good stereo, and excellent views of the Clyde, Holy Loch, and the Arrochar alps! It can stop at the coffee shop on demand, and has my own stash of chocloate in the boot. Got to be something good about being a driving instructor!

Rob

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Shop floor factory worker here … i`m the only one in our group thats a manual worker , the rest sit in nice warm offices on there arses all day !

Kit
    Free Member

Office or site by day, by night and weekends I work in a cinema. I ride my bike to both 🙂

matt_outandabout

This was my workplace today, and again tomorrow:

trusslebabes
    Free Member

I work as a farrier and with young offenders, nice combo of the outdoors trade type of thing and a bit of an office to keep my warm sometimes 😀

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I work in sewage 🙂 Means out and about all over the Lakes, Dales and north Lancashire with forrays up to the Highlands as well. Alas it doesn't give me any chance to ride to/from work as I am carrying tools and driving (on a quiet day) 100 miles (busy days can be 300+). It also means lunch time rides are right out, and I am usually too knackered come the evening to go out and ride 🙁

Hopefully I will get myself organised as the weather improves, start riding more at weekends then as the days get longer find some energy to ride in the evenings too… perhaps.

(my work does involving lugging large pumps around the place, so it isn't like I do no physical exercise!)

outby
    Free Member

i work as a potash miner 1450m under the nouth yorkshire coast

simonralli2
    Free Member

Nope

Here we are very hard at work……

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Window Ceaner, pays well, do what I want when I want. Spend my working time listening to audio books and music.
    Beats my previous toil as Chief Exec of a Plc.

njee20
    Free Member

Transport planner, office based, with lots of offsite meetings.

fotorat
    Free Member

I work in an abattoir, knife goes in, guts come out, Wed to Fridays. Monday and Tuesday I work the bolt gun.

noteeth
    Free Member

Lord, no.

Nico
    Free Member

I don't understand the question. What is this "work"?

Hairychested
    Free Member

I spend countless hours as a LBS staff. Work? 15 mins today. Tea? Several cups. Might be different tomorrow though.

Kahurangi

I w**k in an o**fice

PeteG55
    Free Member

Build light aircraft engines for a small company down here. http://www.wilksch.com
    Great job and my colleague is a DH ace. From my club I suspect theres very few who get there hands dirty.

TomB

Green collar worker me- ambulance service. Big warm garage for bike maintenance and comfy sofas for dozing- perfect! (Any ambulance service managers on here, disregard the above/substitute in 'continuing professional development/degree research etc)

Doug
    Free Member

The Office.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

not me

work all over the country/world mostly in hotels and conference centres

i've never even been to a 'meeting'

sideshowdave
    Free Member

blue collar here too -Prodution Welding/Fabrication Engineer (or what ever they want to call me this week lol).
    i do have an office but never in it.

mud-monster
    Free Member

bike shop……. Brighton

Sandwich

I have a recollection of this work thing. Must try it again sometime.

djglover
    Free Member

Archetypal middle management type here.

lyons
    Free Member

Electrician… most of the guys i ride mtb's with work in offices, where as most of the guys i ride bmx with are unemployed or lorry drivers, mechanics etc. MTB'ing is REALLY middle class.

Leigh
    Free Member

joiner half the time on site half the time in a workshop making things to fit on site

JohnClimber
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Do all mtnbikers work in an office ?’ is closed to new replies.