Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • DiY Soundsystem
  • noteeth
    Free Member
    yunki
    Free Member

you win my favourite post of the year by about a mile…

I won't go through them just yet cos the Mrs will throw a wobbler… but I'm almost willing to bet that the two that I'm REALLY after aren't there..

noteeth
    Free Member

you win my favourite post of the year by about a mile…

Glad to be of service. 😀

(Fond memories of Bounce… and doing my A-levels to the sound of heavily copied tapes…).

yunki
    Free Member

agh.. wish I had been concentrating on something useful like A-levels instead of getting up to mischief!! (changing the world)

fond memories of muddy westcountry beauty spots..

the two that I'm constantly searching for are Jack @ EZE love and jack @ westpoint '93(obsession)

Nick

cheers, should be good, better even than they (Digs and Whoosh) would have been if they had turned up when we had them booked to play

noteeth
    Free Member

jack @ westpoint '93(obsession)

Legendary mix, if that's the one I'm thinking of… the MC seriously giving it some over Electronic's Free Will (Johnny Marr on guitar, iirc!).

I've a rough copy somewhere, but it is on the net.

Ah, to be young again…

yunki
    Free Member

ooh… it IS online.. '92 not '93 though… not too surprised about the missing year though… oops..

noteeth
    Free Member

Available here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OUZSKW1V (wrongly titled)

"Ready for the bass attack…" 😀

yunki
    Free Member

thanks noteeth..
    obsession 92 was the last rave I went to for quite a few years..
    I actually turned my nose up at this set on the night… LOVE it now though.. hey ho

tangent
    Free Member

DiY…nice1 nn! been revising in museum house i see… this brings back fond memories of bouncing back into double history

Anyone on here make it to the London party at the weekend?…actually flew back from Norway for the last one in Nov, but couldn't make it this time more's the pity

tangent
    Free Member

Ooh nice there's a set from their '92 night at Lakota…reckon I might actaully do my Norweigan language homework with this playin for full effect -takk, takk!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Aieee!

yunki
    Free Member

Jack @ alpha is another rare classic.. especially when you consider that he claims that he was never there..

noteeth
    Free Member

this brings back fond memories of bouncing back into double history

LOL! "Now taking you to… Band 4."

Jack@Fantazia – bludy ace. Serious nostalgia.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Noteeth

You have no idea how happy this makes me. I used to help run Whoosh at Nottingham Uni where Simon DK, Digs and Whoosh used to come along to DJ. Loads of memories from Nottingham Uni going back to various DiY flats for after club parties OMG. And yeah I was a regular at Bounce too. Happy days. Thread of the century this is for me. 😀

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Bounce was GOOOOOOD – many a good night spent there – well the ones I can remember. Plus a few too many freeparties enjoyed too! DiY rocked!

yunki
    Free Member

obsession and other jungletekno

there's a higher quality mp3 of the jack/obsession set available here along with allsorts of other slightly more.. errr… frenetic sets.. some gems in there if you like that sort of thing..

simonralli2
    Free Member

Does anyone have anything 90 – 91? I am well into DiY but not into people shouting over the music type stuff. Cheers!

yunki
    Free Member

does anyone have a link to that sasha@universe jobbie?
    which does have an amusing MC in the style of a loved up acid house version of chef from southpark..

'nice and easy… lemon squeezy'

anjs
    Free Member

Was at Uni a bit further south in Leicester had many a night with Babble and Elemental

captain_bastard
    Free Member

I used to record quite a few of these, all of the universe, most of dreamscape some of the bigger clubs, and various others (worked with sound systems, so as I was sat by the desk)

always made me chuckle when i saw them for sale, I always forgot to switch sides on the dat's so there'd be massive gaps in sets

happy days

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Babble – good nights – I DJ'd for them a good few times 🙂 Perhaps some of my best memories as a DJ were playing for them. Great vibe!

voodoo-rich

simonralli- I'll make you some copies of my old Will and Gersh tapes from Nottingham's Touch FM if you like 🙂 Got loads of Whoosh tapes too…

Hope you're well, in touch with DJ Tufty these days?

tang
    Free Member

dear dear! im from stroud in glos, a very strong connection with the DIY lot this way. the twins are still here!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

tang – suppose you know Stroudos then?

tangent
    Free Member

this brings back fond memories of bouncing back into double history

LOL! "Now taking you to… Band 4."

yo noteeth…that's Band 3 for the empathy,

Have been playing those sets all week 😀

Got a feeling hearing those bouncing beats will effect my Fresh Nordic (Nation) XC try ski "style"
    tomorrow.
    a tip-top thread cheers 😮

simonralli2
    Free Member

Rich – hi – yeah – my rave days go back to Monty's (that boxing club) where DJ Sy (not Simon DK) used to DJ – I think he was in the year above me doing geography. Would love a mix if you are able to upload it the same way that was done in the link in the OP.

Happy days

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘DiY Soundsystem’ is closed to new replies.