Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • DIY Bikelights
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Thought I’d share what I normally post in the DIY section of MTBR, I’ve been making a few lights over the last 6 months or so..
    In order of latest to oldest..ill quote on paper lumens for you lumens junkies 🙂
    Tripple cute XML – 2925 lumens U2 bin

Tripple LC1 XML – 2730 T6 bin

Beamshot on high

Mini cute..XPG R5 1370 lumens uses a lux-rc board

Beamshot this beamshot is of an older board that gave 1100lumens on high

Tripple P7 – 2700 lumens

Beamshot

I’ll get some more beamshots tonight of the Tripple cute and the mini cute

stayhigh

Looking good, would like to see beam shots of the triple & mini cute. Did you make your own housings as well?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

wow they look great, 😀

TheBrick
    Free Member

Neat housing. I guess you have access to a milling machine? Good work.

stevious

Wow. They lok like they could be used for shooting down space ships.

Pew pew pew!

Goldigger
    Free Member

Cheers for the good words guys..
    Yes all made by myself on my milling machine..

As long as it doesnt pee down with rain tonight, i’ll get the missing beam shots done..

rob-jackson
    Free Member

What prices are we looking at?

Goldigger
    Free Member

Which one do you like cruz?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Cute helmet light

Goldigger
    Free Member

Cruz not sure on a price, did you need a battery and charger to go with it?
    Here’s the beamshots
    Tripple Cute

Mini cute

pitduck
    Free Member

oooo want,want 😛

rob-jackson
    Free Member

No battery and charger, got the 900l magic light and a smudge battery. Just looking for a smaller brighter helmet light

stayhigh

I’d be interested in a quote on a tripple & mini cute please, they look great. If I could have a price with and without batteries/charger that would be great. It wouldnt be an immediate purchase, next month maybe depending on the pennies.

If you could mail me back on my profile address please.

Cheers 🙂

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Goldigger please could you send me a price of a mini-cute package please.Email in profile.cheers. 😀

Goldigger
    Free Member

Ah i got a little problem with the mini cute, the 1370 lumen board gets very toasty. There is temperture protection on the board, but id be more comfortable using a lower powered board that puts out 1100 lumens..or the other option is to make the housing slightly longer.

Let me know what your thoughts are on this guys..I’m surprised at how many people are intetested in the mini cute..I only have one made up at present so there would be a waiting list so to speak..

Also whats peoples preference on batterys? I myself store my battery in a Lupine battery bottle in a bottle cage. Reason for this is i use a RC lipo battery 14.8v 5800mah as the tripple cute, tripple LC1 XML and tripple P7 each pull 3amps on high.
    like this:

At present i dont have a solution like the little bags that strap to the stem or top tube. I could however provide an of the shelf one to suit? Or let the buyer sort that part out?

Let me know guys, this is early days for me 🙂

Thanks

Goldigger
    Free Member

Heres’a pic of the mini cute, you can see the switch that i made for it..I can also provide the switch with a flat bottom so it can be tied to the side of your helmet.

If its being used as a helmet light, then the battery can be stored in the top of a camel back, unless you have another preference?

smudge
    Free Member

Hi Golddigger,
    if youre after battery bags I have either 4 cell Li-Ion battery pouches and I also have a large stock of 8 cell Li-Ion battery pouches coming in towards the end of next week/ start of next week.
    Please email me if you need any more information.

Nice lights by the way 8)

ruscle
    Free Member

I would also like a quote on the tripple cute and mini cute with batteries and charger please. These lights look really good, I’m very impressed. Email in profile.

stuey
    Free Member

Goldigger -I’m not sure if you’re going into mini production –

I’d like a quote for a tripple cute head unit please.

rossi46
    Free Member

Id like a quote for the Mini Cute too please- complete package that is (unless i can use any of my current vistalight stuff- stick nicads, chargers etc).

trout
    Free Member

They are both very nice lights Goldigger 😉 and have watched the build up on MTBR .

Here is my hastily knocked up trial cutie ( though not as good looking as Goldigger`s) to get some beamshots and thermal testing from.

rossi46
    Free Member

Here is my hastily knocked up trial cutie

Nice work Trout 🙂

hilldodger
    Free Member

First, apologies to Goldigger for a threadjack 😳

Are any of the DIY maestros considering an ‘all in one’ unit for production ? Looking to buy an Exposure of some sort but if there’s anything home brewed in the pipeline I’ll wait and support the ‘men in sheds’ 🙂

Those little cutie lights are gorgeous btw….

rob-jackson
    Free Member

troutie – ygm

stuey
    Free Member

Troutie /Goldigger – would it be cheaper for you to ‘mass’ produce with aluminium casting vs cnc ?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Stuey – Trout showed me an attempt at a mass produced housing for one of his lights… wasn’t pretty.

Basically they do the same thing though dont they, its still a machined lump of metal at the end of the day surely? The difference being mas produced, they will try and reduce the amount of machining to reduce cost.

druff
    Free Member

Goldigger, I’d be interested in a quote for triple cute with battery and charger not something that I can afford straight away, but something I’ll need soon 😉

Email address in my profile, thanks!

Goldigger
    Free Member

Stuey and Rossi please can you provide me with an email address?
    Everyone else i think i have emailed now..

Thanks

Luminous
    Free Member

an ‘all in one’ unit for production ?

Yeah, suppose I can divulge to the STW massive now that the S2, is coming.

😉

Milkie
    Free Member

Could I have a price on the Tripple Cute & the mini please, no batteries as I have loads of RC batteries 😉

MilkieKula at gmail dot com

bigjim

that’s just the salt shaker in the pub isn’t it. And you’ve been eating bird peanuts from the bird feeder on the left.

Luminous
    Free Member

that’s just the salt shaker in the pub isn’t it. And you’ve been eating bird peanuts from the bird feeder on the left.

😆

Yeap, I probably is a bit nuts, but its the brightest Salt seller you’ve ever seen.

😀

ruscle
    Free Member

Any idea of run times on your lights goldigger?

rossi46
    Free Member

Stuey and Rossi please can you provide me with an email address?

email should appear on my profile.

Goldigger
    Free Member

I can get around 2.5 hours on high with the tripple cute with a 14.8v 5800mah lipo. The tripple cute uses a taskled H6flex driver it does however have different levels of brightness and different levels depending on which user interface you use:
    They are as follows
    4.1 Fixed (UIF)
    Intended for lanterns, household and automotive lighting. Eight brightness levels. Ability to turn on at
    lowest setting, and quickly change to highest setting without scrolling. Press while on to scroll all
    levels. Click turns on, and click turns off.
    4.2 Portable (UIP)
    Intended for hand-held torches. Five brightness levels. Ability to turn on at lowest setting. Ability to
    switch directly to high setting from any other level. Press while off to scroll all levels. Click turns on,
    and click turns off.
    4.3 Bicycle (UIB2/UIB2Q)
    Intended for bicycle lighting. Separate modes for constant and strobe (two, three or five levels each).
    From off, a click turns on to constant mode, and a long press turns off. From off, a press turns on to
    strobe mode, and a long press turns off. Constant and strobe modes are identical in operation and
    Menu choice – except for the click or press to enter the individual modes. In the 2-level Duomode,
    brightness changes are controlled by clicking to toggle between the two chosen levels. In the 3-level
    Threemode, clicking increases brightness to the upper two levels and then toggles between those two
    levels, a press will dim to the lowest level and further pressing will turn the light off. In the 3-level
    Trimode, clicking toggles through the three levels and wraps back to the lowest level.In 5-level
    Multimode, clicking increases brightness and pressing decreases brightness.

Troutie was kind enough to publish the current draw based on the max level of 3amps
    level——draw amps———— watts
    1————0.03 —————0.444
    2————0.12 —————1.776
    3————0.40 —————5.92
    4————1.14 —————16.87
    5————2.14 ————– 31.67

As for the mini cute i use a 7.4v 5800mah lipo, this again should see about 2.5hours on high that is based on the 1370lumen board which i do not think is suitable for this housing.
    I recommend the 1100 lumen version which will see a little longer runtime and the thermal properties will be much better.

Hope that helps

stuey
    Free Member

Goldigger my email is in profile too – (couldn’t see yours)

macky65 ?? gmail dot c0m

blobby
    Free Member

Longtime lurker here and had to signup to get some details from you guys as nights are drawing in
    and need some lights soon

Very interested in the S2 from Luminous as was considering the Exposure stuff what is it I have looked at your site and seen the S1
    But want some details from Goldigger and Troutie Also please

Luminous
    Free Member

Very interested in the S2 from Luminous as was considering the Exposure stuff what is it I have looked at your site and seen the S1

The S2 will be an evolution of the S1.

S series lights are bar mounted LED lights with rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries contained inside.

blobby
    Free Member

The S2 will be an evolution of the S1.

Thanks Luminous but what makes it different or better than the S1

bunkbed
    Free Member

Hi Golddigger,
    can you please email with prices of your lights and also a battery and charger. oh, preferred payment and lead time.
    ta

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘DIY Bikelights’ is closed to new replies.