Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dilemma (one for the photographers)
  • grahamh
    Free Member

So some of my photos have been purloined from my flikr account and posted on
    a well know social networking web site. Now as the upload policy of this site is that you may only post images that you have the rights too or have
    gained permission from the owner of the material.

Well over a week ago I emailed the culprits asking that they either ask for retrospective permission or remove the content. Still waiting an answer.

So my dilemma is do I email them again, asking that hey gain my permission to use my photos, or go straight to the web site people and ask to the content to be removed as permission has neither been sought nor given.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I'd email again and copy the hosts in, telling the culprit that this was their final warning to take down the images or you'll be contacting your solicitor to take matters forward.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the next step is for them to sue you for violating their copyright…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

Change the images to rude ones or just remove them an upload them again.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Drac – Member

Change the images to rude ones or just remove them an upload them again.

Seems the obvious answer.

coffeeking
    Free Member

rt click > save as – they dont have to have hotlinked.

grahamh
    Free Member

I don't think that they are links back to my flikr account. It look like they have downloaded the image, then uploaded to the social network site.

Thing is when you upload material you have to tick a box with a disclaimer that you have the right to upload the content.

Drac

Ah right I see.

Ooops hit post.

Email the mods or site owners proving there yours with links to flikr.

nbt

As per coffeking, i reckon

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

Or instead of asking them to ask you for "retrospective permission", just mail them and "give them permission"

Sometimes the most obvious answers ARE the best.

🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Write to the website. I have done this in the past and the pictures have been removed. I think the web site owners have certain responsibilities.
    Maybe using watermarks might help in the future.

ski
    Free Member

grahamh – just curious, but how did you find they were being used elsewhere?

elliptic
    Free Member

Or instead of asking them to ask you for "retrospective permission", just mail them and "give them permission"

Perhaps he'd like them to show a minimal amount of common courtesy.

schpleep
    Free Member

If they don't take them down, your social network site should have a reporting process for you to get it removed eg:

http://www.facebook.com/legal/copyright.php

grahamh
    Free Member

ellipic, that is the point. It is just common courtesy for them to ask my permission to post my photos, others have done so and I have no problem with
    that.

ski, when some one add you as a 'friend' on these social sites you get to see their content.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dilemma (one for the photographers)’ is closed to new replies.