Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • Diesel or Petrol?
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Similar here – bought 2.5 years old with 16k miles – not far off half the list price and barely run in. Got the spec I wanted too.

Did the same with the Jimny except is had 13k miles on it.

Bought the previous car brand new and the depreciation hit was pretty painful.

molgrips
    Free Member

I know you speak sense…but it's soooo shiny!!!!!

Buy used, then take out the ten grand you saved in £50s, stack it up in the passenger seat of your new car then drive around a bit. See how you feel about it then 🙂 Shiny new car, or slightly less shiny car with ten grand in it. Hmm…

Onzadog
    Free Member

well, it's more like £6k for the car I'm looking at. Rtaher than £50s, can I spend the £6k on a bike or two and put them in the back and see how I feel?

molgrips
    Free Member

That's a fantastic idea. You'd still have the car, and two brilliant bikes!

Hard to argue for the shininess then isn't it? Especially as the two bikes will be shiny also.

Edit: although… you could just save the £6k…

Surf-Mat – Member
    Similar here – bought 2.5 years old with 16k miles – not far off half the list price and barely run in. Got the spec I wanted too.

Did the same with the Jimny except is had 13k miles on it.

Bought the previous car brand new and the depreciation hit was pretty painful.

I bought my Ford Ranger with 2.5k on the clock at 2.5 years old for about the same price as some with 40k on the clock – I've even seen them listed at a grand more. Even driving the miles that I do I can put 40k on in a year and it'll owe me nowt. The leather even smelt new when I bought it.

Next vehicle will maybe be new, but I'll be sure to buy from somewhere such as Motorpoint. If not I'd buy nearly new – I'd never pay anywhere near list for a car.

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Diesel or Petrol?’ is closed to new replies.