• This topic has 15 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Didcot / Abingdon night rides
  • nbt

So I'm Darn Sarf next week for a training course, staying near Milton Park, is it worth me bringing a bike and a set of lights down? will be busy during the day but might be able to get out for an evening spin if there's anyone local who fancies guiding a visitor around. Need to make the call by tomorrow lunchtime really as if I'm taking the bike, I'll have to pick up the hire car rather than getting my colleague to pick it up.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

There is a group that will be going out in Oxford, which is probably about 10 miles from didcot.

nbt

We'll have a hire car so it's an option. Just found there may be three of us in the car though, so may not be able to take bikes 🙁

nbt

Bump

So there are only two of us in the car, so I'll put the bike in and hope to get out for a ride. Anyone got contact details for this ride above or able to help at all? My email address is in my profile

cheers

pedalhead
    Free Member

I'm hoping to get out on that Tuesday night ride as well 🙂

nbt

Got any details for it? start point, time etc?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

It will be Tuesday night at the bench on the corner of windmill road and old road, headington, OXford. You need to find Mattie_H or trimix ideally. I normally can't make the Tuesday night rides. Or drop me an e-mail (in profile) and i'll forward on info to you.Oh and start time normally 1930 hours.

nbt

Ta, have printed off directions, will try to get in touch when I have more of a clue what's the hell's going on 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

We will be doing our normal night ride on Tuesday and your welcome to come along. Start time will be 7.30 and the ride will last about 2 hrs, ish. Really depends on the weather and what we do.

But it will be Dark, Slippy and fun.

If your down for the week we can also show you some more stuff later on. Id be up for some further muddy fun on Thursday night – Im happy to show you some single track that will have you grinning for a month.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Yeah Tuesday night on the east side of Oxford with a 7.30 start. It's vaguely meant to be an exploring ride so you might have to put up with the odd wrong turn and dodgy bit as well as the usual muddy singletrack in the woods.

Email in profile if you want to get in touch.

Cheers
    Matt

nbt

Thursday might be an option too! Will see how the weekend goes and how the training goes. Our CEO is a biker too, I've mailed him to see if he fancies showing me his local trails. How badly can *that* go wrong>? 😀

nbt

Cracking ride last night folks, I really enjoyed both the riding and the company. haven't actually looked at the bike yet to see how muddy it is, will have to check it tonight and charge the batteries if I'm to have any chance of riding again tomorrow

Dr_Bakes

Good to have you along. The Grim's Ditch ride planned tomorrow is a good 'un if you can make it. We'll try and avoid the mad hag of the woods if we can though!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

NBT it's worth going on the night ride tomorrow just to see Ainsley get groped and felt up by an angry old woman! So I've been told anyway! I spent the morning cleaning my bike, not too bad ……
    can't make tomorrow working lates, boooooooooooooooo

pedalhead
    Free Member

Good to meet you NBT. That southern mud will be nicely caked on by now, good luck :-). Can't make tomorrow but enjoy the ride.

nbt

Not going to make it tonight, bike's covered in mud, batteries are not charged and I sadly will need to do some extra study tonight

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Didcot / Abingdon night rides’ is closed to new replies.