Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Did anyone watch the Ewan Mcgregor child vacanation programme?
  • dogbert
    Free Member

Not wanting to get into a “famous bloke on a junket” discussion, all i was wondering was if anyone knew what make of rucksack he had.

Looking for something similar and it looked a good size

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I saw it but I have no idea what bag it was.

My question is – why don’t they use helicopters (other than it makes for boring telly).

enduro-aid
    Free Member

the reason there is no / very limited use of helicopters is really just down to cost, these cold chains run all year round and would cost a small fortune if it was all helicopter flights

other than that for the jungle runs they cant land due to the heavy tree cover and landing in the village would cause the rotor wash to blow the houses away

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Fair enough – that answers my question.

(Apart from how many helicopters could have delivered to accessible areas for the cost of one Ewan McGregor bundle). No doubt he gave his time for free (as he is an ambassador for the charity) but the insurance and the film crew and the interpretors and everything else (granted it might do something to raise awareness of the issue though).

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I like the adventure type stuff he does. Apparently he likes building up old track bikes, so maybe he’ll be along in a minute to answer the question.

Seem to remember it was North Face, not 100% sure though.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah I did enjoy that Long Way Round one he did – I have nothing against the guy at all, I just didn’t quite understand the motivation for the programme.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Why don’t they use a blimp?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Good point – plenty of real estate for advertising too and no doubt Branson would love to get his grubby mitts on that opportunity.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

I thought this thread was going to be deep and profound.

“What backpack did he use?”

Love it 🙂

karnali
    Free Member

having lived and worked in 2 of the places he went in the first week’s, it was good to see any tv coverage of some of the poorest parts of the world and hopefully raise awareness of the standard of living and healthcare some people have.

dogbert
    Free Member

Yeah, it may seem like I grossly missed the point of the programme by asking what backpack he was using.

Thing is i enjoy watching programmes like this, it opens my sometimes closed mind to the rest of the world and that can only be a good thing. i enjoyed what he did in LWD and LWR as it wasn’t all about 2 rich guys playing on motorbikes.

Seems crazy to me that we need orginisations like Unicef doing the work that givernments should be doing for their people but then it does seem that the world is hell bent on becoming more and more selfish by the day.(yes, im sure that seems rich coming from the guy asking about the backpack)

dunslair
    Free Member

Didn’t notice his rucksack in the second episode but in the Nepal one it was a Haglöfs pack- not sure which model

keppoch

Didn’t see the Nepal one but pleased to say he had not lost it by the time he got to the Congo, it was still a Haglöfs one.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

i really liked it….max respect on the trek he did in nepal,he walked for a few days in jeans and biker boots.id have no skin left on my lower limbs…

i met him a few years back as he was out for a spin on his bike and bunmped into him at the green welly shop.he was a great guy with loads of chat.no airs…just happy to chat about his ducati.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Did anyone watch the Ewan Mcgregor child vacanation programme?’ is closed to new replies.