Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)
  • Deutschland 83 – Channel 4 9pm tonight
  • wallop

Really looking forward to this – have read in a couple of places that this is going to be good. Fingers crossed!

Channel 4 – 9pm.

Drac

Ta for reminder need to set the Sky+

Teetosugars
    Free Member

It does look good.
    Looking forward to it.

tang
    Free Member

I’m in.

ratherbeintobago

Video set as there’s no way Mrs RBIT will watch anything with subtitles (hence whole second series of The Bridge waiting to be watched). She did manage reasonably well with subtitles Serbo-Croat in the Last Panthers mind you.

hammerite
    Free Member

I’ve been looking forward to this since I saw the advert for the first time about a month ago.

Been having German lessons since September, they’ll not be any use though unless there is a scene in a bar or hotel where the lad is chatting someone up by asking them personal questions (as that’s about as far as I’ve got).

kimbers

Set to record, just about to start the latest series of homeland too, I can only binge watch series these days

DezB
    Free Member

Video set

UK ’83?

Clashes with War & Peace… which one is best?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Trailer for this looks excellent. Is on series record!

nasher
    Free Member

Lots of 80’s sunth pop too

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Lots of 80’s sunth pop too

Is that the German equivalent of Synth Pop? 😆

wallop

No, New Zealand equivalent…

miketually
    Free Member

We’re having to watch a Michael McIntyre DVD because my wife doesn’t do subtitles, so I’ll be watching it on a slight delay.

chewkw
    Free Member

1983 (year that is) is just too recent to me so I am not watching that but might do later on …

I prefer BBC1 period drama (think that’s what they are called) ‘War & Peace’.

I think it might have something to do with the rise of Leon Trotsky … lefties “godfather” … 😆 edit: … or not …

hora
    Free Member

Grrr its got that bastid from Unser Mutter Unser Vater in!

And another! Son of the General Edal

wallop

I keep putting my hands over my eyes!

cobrakai

I’m watching.

Just finished reading team Yankee and a whole load of other “what if” cold war books, so this is well timed!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No, New Zealand equivalent…

That could get lost in STW but, yes, very good missus! 🙂

wallop

8)

That was so, so good. That lunchtime scene was super tense!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Will be going back for more of that!

Oddly, I spent a fair amount of time in West Germany around then, and owing to my Grandfather’s job at the time, went to a few BBQs/garden parties at high ranking German officer’s houses, and that location looked utterly perfect.

wallop

Not very conducive to an early night. I’m full of excitement now!

cheekyboy
    Free Member

We’re having to watch a Michael McIntyre DVD

WHAT on earth have you done to deserve that ???? 🙄

ninfan
    Free Member

Just finished reading team Yankee and a whole load of other “what if” cold war books, so this is well timed!

Team Yankee – that takes me back! That along with red storm rising and Chieftains…

Have you tried Andy Farmans ‘Armageddons song’ series yet? Harvey Black’s ‘effect’ series being very good too.

DrJ

Anyone identify the tune at the first ad break?

wallop

There’s a playlist – might be in here:

tang
    Free Member

Needed a double bill! Likewise flash, my Great Uncle was Chairman of Bayer and we used to Summer at their house sometimes. My cousins and I would play ‘army’ most days and due to them being German we decided on Russians as the common enemy. Anyway, one hot evening my Aunt & Uncle were hosting a party just like the one in the episode. In the heat of stick Tommy gun battle I forgot our compromise and flew round the the corner to a packed terrace of German industrialists screaming ‘Kill the German Bastards!’ (insert fake machine gun noise), realised my error, kept running to the treehouse and stayed there till they all left.

ninfan
    Free Member

Anyone identify the tune at the first ad break?

Peter Schilling, major Tom?

cobrakai

Read all the armageddon’s. Good books for night shifts but kinda got carried away with some of the story lines. Just ordered a hard back of ww3 1983 that team Yankee is based around looking forward to it!

hora
    Free Member

‘Kill all the…’.

Didn’t Russia account for 4 out of 5 of all German soldiers killed?

hora
    Free Member

I’m going with the Chinese lady is American and the US Generals insistance that he knows the new first Lieutenant is a plant/test as the General spotted tampering with his briefcase. The ‘hello, remember X and X etc’ were to confirm western fears.

Abit like the boathouse at the Regiment?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Chinese girl a plant by the East to shore up his cover.

The American arrival is a separate thread.

Possibly.

DrJ

As last week, what was the music with the intro, something about falling, kamikaze etc. Any clues? It’s driving me mad !!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

It’s getting better..

Dark-Side

DrJ – Member
    As last week, what was the music with the intro, something about falling, kamikaze etc. Any clues? It’s driving me mad !!

Its been used in a mountain bike film, I know that much. 3 Minute Gaps?

vinnyeh

Peter Schilling, Major Tom. Bought this, back in the day..

Am I the only one finding this show rather silly? I’m happy to suspend disbelief for the sake of a plot line/ setting, but some of the stuff in this (the tree, the phone call, the handing on of the disk) are so far fetched that the show has lost credibility. I’m aware that there’s some German ‘humour’ in it, but even so….

vinnyeh

[video]https://youtu.be/N1Hs2AQwDgA[/video]

bigbloke
    Free Member

I definitely think his old comrade was a test to confirm he’s not legit. Chinese girl mmmmmmmmmmmm not sure where she fits in, too obvious for Red China. British maybe?Brilliant series so far though.

hammerite
    Free Member

I want to see more 80s Opel cars.

I was going along the same lines as Flashy for the Chinese girl. Although maybe his steak and room number thing gave him away as being from the East.

Vinny – I kind of agree, but from some of the things I’ve read and watched, some pretty ridiculous things were used/carried out in the name of espionage. Identifying which is and isn’t real could be quite tricky.

DrJ

Thanks. For some reason I was convinced it was something else. But it wasn’t 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘Deutschland 83 – Channel 4 9pm tonight’ is closed to new replies.