Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Deore Mech + Polymorph = Frankenchaindevice
  • mikeyd
    Free Member

Front mech and stinger weren’t doing a very good job of keeping the chain on my double setup,

Since this is now a DH bike, I thought I’d convert it to single up front, looks like it should work…

PS the ziptie is there to take up the play in the worn mech, not to keep it in position.

the kg of Polymorph I bought last year is proving to be more and more useful as I actually find some applications!
    http://www.technologystudent.com/equip1/poly1.htm

Bl00dy tough stuff, should be fine as long as no one boils my bike.

chief9000
    Free Member

“when it reaches 62 degrees” it can be reformed eh? Looks good, but i’m not sure how well its going to fair on a hot summers day!

06awjudd
    Free Member

Nice innovation! Part of me hopes it doesn’t work after shedding £60 odd on a new chain device.
    Looks pretty neat as well – you wouldn’t know it was hand made.

Love it!

mikeyd
    Free Member

Cheers,

I hope it does melt – it’ll be one hell of a summer!

06awjudd
    Free Member

What did you use to make it the right shape?

mikeyd
    Free Member

Made a few ‘sheets’ of polymorph from the granules, cut them to shape using a stanley knife and then ‘welded’ them together (by dipping the surfaces I want joining in hot water).

Great stuff, have made a pretty decent helmet light mount from it amongst other things (although that really does have a chance of melting!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Deore Mech + Polymorph = Frankenchaindevice’ is closed to new replies.