Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dentists…brace for teenager
  • grtdkad

My son is about to get a brace fitted to his teeth. Can anyone advise of the typical cost of the ‘invisible’ brace rather than the standard NHS fixed brace (traintracks)?

Thanks

Markie
    Free Member

If you mean Invisalign, I think my wife was quoted around £6000 or so.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I assume it depends on the nature of the fitting. My wife had one fitted (just one wonky tooth) and it cost around £2,500.

wwaswas

my wife was quoted around £6000 or so.

[aware of new swearing rules]

goodness me that is a frightening large sum of money.

[/aware of new swearing rules]

[Edit] – does word substitution count as swear filter evasion?

Carrots! that’s a lot of dosh.

grtdkad

😯

Mega-£s…
    …that would explain the mega impressive building that the orthodontist is based in!

Markie
    Free Member

Apologies. It turns when I asked my wife if her braces were Invisalign she said yes on the grounds that she’s heard the word before.

In fact, she got two quotes, one for Radiance clear brackets on the front of the teeth and one for Incognito Lingual Orthodontics which are fitted behind the teeth. I have no connection with or knowledge of anything linked to!

Radiance was £3060, Incognito £5900. She was also quoted for a mixture, Incognito on top and Radiance on the bottom, £4600.

Just found this pricelist online, certainly fits with the costs we were quoted but I have NO knowledge of this dental practice.

Sorry for that, it means I have no idea what Invisalign would have cost us, but by the looks of that pricelist I did them a disservice.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

My son who is 13 has braces but not the invisible ones and they cost £1500, in fact he isn’t bothered by his braces as they are considered cool nowadays, he has different coloured bands each time he has new ones, so your teenager shouldn’t worry.

grtdkad

I think you’re right FlippinH, he doesn’s appear too bothered about the brace (a tad anxious about 4 teeth out though!). Plenty of kids in his year have them fitted with no grief.
    Just felt like we perhaps had failed to consider other options – but not made of money! They would have to be made out of carbon/titanium for me to splash the cash…

marsy8493
    Free Member

My son (16) had his brace removed today after 15 months.Orthodontist did a fantastic job. Numurous visits but worthwhile.Done on the NHS.He was very happy with the results.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Our son didn’t qualify to get them on the NHS so we paid monthly, we used dentist that just do braces called Braces not sure if they are a national chain though. They have/are making a fantastic difference, he has very straight teeth now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dentists…brace for teenager’ is closed to new replies.