Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Decent bike mount for Garmin Oregon?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Any recommendations as the Garmin mount is not very secure?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Can’t offer an alternative as I use the garmin version. I agree that it’s not the best mount ever made, but I’ve never had a problem with the head unit working loose, if anything I’ve found it a bit tight. The only issue I’ve ever found with it is a tendency to slip a bit. I solved this be adding some extra rubber under the cable ties to provide a bit extra grip.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

The Dakota one is equally bad. Helps if you build up the back of the unit with some duct tape to get a tighter fit. And maybe use some sort of lanyard.

scotroutes

Dakota and Oregon use the same mount. I’ve only had the Oregon eject once but I don’t think it was in right anyway. Always have a lanyard on too though.

Aidan
    Free Member

I put some extra glue along the rails of the mount to make it more secure (and use a lanyard around the bars):

http://www.aidanharding.com/2012/02/how-to-fix-a-garmin-dakota-bike-mount/

woody21
    Free Member

I use a couple of very small cable ties to attach the unit to the mount (in addition to the standard clip). I have to agree the amount doesn’t appear the securest of mounts

zinger
    Free Member

I use one of these – very secure mounting – gps has never come out

http://www.rammount.com/mount/garmin_oregon_mount.htm

Note : I did modify the mount by drilling some holes in the section on the bottom of the mount to put zip ties through to secure it to my bike

benp1

I have the standard one, just held to the bars with two cable ties

My Oregon has never ejected, its surprisingly stiff trying to get it out. I always larks foot the lanyard around the bars just in case though

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Decent bike mount for Garmin Oregon?’ is closed to new replies.