Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dear STW, please remove the "search forum" function
  • crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

because gawd knows no one ever uses it 🙄 The number of threads on here would halve if people saved themselves effort by typing two or three words into a box rather than writing out a paragraph of a question thats been asked half a dozen times. They’re also more likely to harvest more information from the responses.

STW regulars seem very tolerant of this, other forums Ive frequented if someone asks such a question the most they can hope for it one reply telling them to use the search box, more usually met with some ire.

There are 2927 pages of threads in the bike forum alone. Chances are someone before you asked what is the best flat pedal, best shoe, how to service model X fork….

Not a full blown rant so score accordingly, but I spend more time skimming and less time reading here now.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Haven’t you searched, this comes up all the time etc 😀

Mugboo

What the hell would we all talk about !

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/search.php?search=Dear+STW%2C+please+remove+the+%22search+forum%22+function&advanced=1&exact=1&posts=1&highlight=1&users=0&located=0&forums%5B%5D=0&maxcount=100&age=7&direction=0&sort=date&order=0

perhaps they should just improve the search function as copying and pasting your topic gives ZERO results via search

I was rather hoping this had been done before but then i remembered how poor the search function is

even search forum subject gives only one result and it is about TSY and his belly…no really it is

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/search.php?search=search+forum+function&advanced=1&exact=1&posts=1&highlight=1&users=0&located=0&forums%5B%5D=0&maxcount=100&age=7&direction=0&sort=date&order=0

druidh
    Free Member

Kinlochleven?

LapSteel
    Free Member

The search is rubbish….It only seems to give results newer than about 3 weeks old…unless I’m doing something wrong…..

druidh
    Free Member

That’s what the Advanced Search function is for

cynic-al
    Free Member

I thought that was for searching for advanced stuff.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Well, a flat pedal techique thread currently has 15 posts in it. A recent one found with the (advanced) search function has 98 and includes pics, so not only does asking the same Q clutter the board the poster potentially misses out on loads of info.

It might not be perfect but IMHO its better than the google version they used recently.

Is an original topic a singletrackwhack?

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

The search is rubbish….It only seems to give results newer than about 3 weeks old…unless I’m doing something wrong…..

You are! The advanced search allows you to choose the time frame you want to search in (up to forever)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dear STW, please remove the "search forum" function’ is closed to new replies.