Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Cyclist hating twitterist Summoned!
  • boblo
    Free Member

Now that is good news ….well it will be if anything happens beyond a £30 fine and a gentle telling off….

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Good.

Now that is good news ….well it will be if anything happens beyond a £30 fine and a gentle telling off….

Hopefully it’s gone too high profile now for a wrist slap.

swavis

Excellent! It’ll be interesting to see if there’s any punishment though…

soma_rich
    Free Member

Ms Way, a trainee accountant of Akrotiri Square

Has she still got her job then? I thought she was getting in trouble there to.

Good decision by the CPS!

cr500dom
    Free Member

Watching this with interest, it was a fellow Iceni Velo member that was hit by her.

johnellison
    Free Member

Drivig without duecare and attention – maximum penalty is £2500 fine, 9 points and disqualification at the magistrates descretion.

Failing to report or leaving the scene of an accident is a maximu 6 months in jug.

stevied
    Free Member

Would be nice if she were made an example of, full punishment and plenty of publicity about it too. Might make other ‘bad road users’ aware that their actions may be punished..

pondo

Fantastic. 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

stevied – Member
    Would be nice if she were made an example of, full punishment and plenty of publicity about it too. Might make other ‘bad road users’ aware that their actions may be punished..

Except that will never happen tho I guess..

A slap on the wrists and a crappy fine will be about all she’ll get sadly. 😐

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think it is far more likely that folk wont be tits on the internet/twitter re illegal driving than driving standards will suddenly improve and we all get space

That said for the offence and the bragging she should pay a hefty price IMHO

theflatboy
    Free Member

A ban and a fine would do nicely, I’d say. Excellent news.

allthepies
    Free Member

Hoisted by her own petard and all that.

Some kind of cycle-centric community service would be good 🙂

ononeorange

I’m sure she’ll get a pat on the back, maybe an ipod for her distress and even an OBE from this lovely car-loving Government.

takisawa2

maximu 6 months in jug

Is that Latin for she’s off to the slammer. 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

What irked me about this was that she seemed to be sorry about getting caught rather than about the actual incident. Hopefully she’ll get some community service rather than some piffling fine.

edlong
    Free Member

To be honest, if she gets convicted of all three charges (due care and attention, failing to stop and failing to report) even if it is just points and a fine, the convictions themselves will send a message out.

Anyone have any idea what sort of premium loading your insurance renewal will get with just a recent due care and attention conviction? I’d have thought that would get people’s attention and make them think..

ratherbeintobago

Has she still got her job then? I thought she was getting in trouble there too.

Even if she has, if she gets done, I thought you couldn’t qualify as an accountant with a conviction?

edlong
    Free Member

Not quite as cut and dried as that. A conviction for fraud or money laundering might be difficult, but I don’t think traffic convictions will have the same impact

EDIT: A more realistic barrier to completing would be if the employer who is putting her through the training has sacked her….

xiphon
    Free Member

Good on the CPS!

Hope she gets the book thrown hard at her

sbob
    Free Member

I think she might get a bit of a shock when she discovers that the courts are less inclined to listen to her bullshit than the papers. 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

She’s got a family lawyer stood next to her. He’ll deflect criticism away from her and make out how she’s suffered enough already what with all the media attention, she’s barely kept her job and look how vulnerable and innocent we’ve made her look in the dock. Please dear god call some sense to this war on motorists and the cyclist wasn’t even hurt for christs sake and if he’s not pressing any charges then there hasn;t been a crime see you at the golf course after your honour.

And she’ll get a 30 quid fine.

Mark
    My
    Words

PJM1974
    Free Member

She’s twenty one and has said something stupid – haven’t we all. She’s working as a trainee accountant which also means she’s paid next to nothing as her employer is probably stumping up her course fees too.

She’s made herself look like a colossal idiot and is clearly way out of her depth talking to the media, even if she’s given a £30 fine and a slap on the wrist it’s an experience that she’ll unlikely forget until advanced Alzheimer’s kicks in.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

She’s twenty one and has said something stupid – haven’t we all

We’ve all said stupid things but she seemed to back it up with repeated stupid, dangerous, actions. She shouldn’t have a driving licence.

She’s twenty one and appeared to leave the scene of an accident. Her twitter history appeared to show previous incidences of taking photos and updating twitter whilst driving and speeding (whilst using her phone to snap the speedo).

She deserves to be made an example of.

samuri
    Free Member

Kill a (second) cyclist and you’ll get 300 hours community
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-22397918

If you were really, really stupid then you might get something a bit more severe like a bit of a ban and a £350 fine
    http://www.roadjustice.org.uk/case-study/driver-who-killed-cyclist-a5-receives-suspended-sentence-and-fine-20311

Very, very few people do chokey for killing people on a bike so no-one is going down when by pure fluke the person is still breathing after the accident.

ononeorange

PJM – I don’t think the main point was saying something stupid – which did compound it – but the hit and run in the first place. Clearly unacceptable and if you make the argument for that that she is too young to know what she’s doing then she shouldn’t be driving at all.

MoreCashThanDash

A little disappointed at the motorist hating bile on here. We need to be careful we don’t sink to their level, let’s see what the courts do before we sharpen the pitch forks.

And I hope you’ve all signed up to the roads justice campaigns to help vent your spleens

(And I’ve had two friends killed whilst riding over the years, I’m well aware of the importance of these high profile cases)

robh

That’s the point though it’s not just that she’s said something amazingly stupid, she’s driven someone off the road and actually been happy about it rather than stopped to think about her actions.

Whether or not she actually hit them, the comments she has made are that the people are taking his word against hers and that she’s been stupid, they don’t tie up, she made the comment, live and die by the sword and all that.

samuri
    Free Member

A little disappointed at the motorist hating bile on here.

Where’s that then?
    Most people seem to be upset with this woman specifically while the rest, myself included are realists and understand that she won’t get anything like her behaviour deserves. if we have an axe to grind it’s with the justice system, not the motorists, which after all, we all are as well.

hora
    Free Member

So she knocked him off (she knows she knocked him off)- so why didn’t she stop and assist?

Why keep going? Basically to avoid any form of insurance claim, she probably thought her tweets to her friends was to them only and none would take offence-pass on the message/retweet.

Post-caught she tries worming out of the above with a ‘heart-felt’ apology.

Sorry, I hope she gets points. How many people have done the same and not tweeted about it/never been caught?

I’m not a motorist hater. You see enough dicks in cars though doing bizarre things daily.

Sadly many will see her offence as admitting to the act ‘in writing’, if she’d gotten away with it I imagine if there was a next time she’d keep quiet.

chambord
    Free Member

You’d think that even if she gets off lightly for knocking the cyclist off that she’ll at least lose her license for leaving the scene.

I know someone who left the scene (In a car/car collision) and he lost his license straight away. Don’t see why this would be any different.

hora
    Free Member

I know someone who left the scene (In a car/car collision) and he lost his license straight away. Don’t see why this would be any different.

Pretty wee little girl, at the start of a promising high-flying Accountancy career who gives a heart-felt apology that appeals to the Judge who is a middle-aged man? 😆

(I’m laughing but I’m not really).

stumpy01

PJM1974 – Member
    She’s twenty one and has said something stupid – haven’t we all

It’s more the fact that she actually knocked someone off a bike, didn’t stop at the scene and then decided to boast about it on twitter that has got people riled.
    Or did you forget that she actually knocked a cyclist off his bike & then did one…..?

D0NK

on here? as in, on this thread? where? I can see a buttload of people complaining that dangerous drivers are allowed to get away with hitting/killing other roadusers, by our car-centric society and having a go at this particular driver, but I can’t see any “all drivers are ****s” posts.

hora
    Free Member

She’s twenty one and has said something stupid – haven’t we all. She’s working as a trainee accountant which also means she’s paid next to nothing as her employer is probably stumping up her course fees too.

She’s made herself look like a colossal idiot and is clearly way out of her depth talking to the media, even if she’s given a £30 fine and a slap on the wrist it’s an experience that she’ll unlikely forget until advanced Alzheimer’s kicks in.

In all likelyhood as she sawthe contact/him fall at that point she decided to leave the scene possibly thinking about her insurance premiums.

The Tweet wasn’t the worse thing she did here. Was it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

aye she hit a cyclists proclaimed she owned the road and then drove off leaving him

the bragging may have been the most stupid part but it ws not th emost dangerous part

Seems to be objections to one driver in particular rather than all motorists in genral
    PS if you want to see bile start a thread on a cycling forum about roadies being two abreat

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

She’s only been summonsed anyway. In all liklihood the CPS will drop the charges.

That’s what they did for the ‘careless driving’ charge I was a witness for last year.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

The Tweet wasn’t the worse thing she did here. Was it?

based on her televised, tearful “apology”, she seemed to think that it was.

and that’s one of the reasons i believe she deserves to be punished to the extent the law allows in this case; the total lack of remorse for the offences she committed.

D0NK

TBF I think quite a lot of people who end up in the dock are only sorry they got caught, not actually remorseful for what they did. Of course it helps your case if you atleast attempt to look remorseful for the crime, she didn’t even manage that iirc.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

If it goes to court I think the Judge wont take a liking to the tweet and failing to stop at a scene of an accident.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist hating twitterist Summoned!’ is closed to new replies.