Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cycling in Siciliy anyone been?
  • Kiril
    Free Member

Just booked a week with the family near Mount Etna in June. I always try to get a bit of ride in, off or on road, I had a quick check online and I couldn’t find much advice. Any one been?
    Thanks

chakaping
    Free Member

No but there was a feature in ST mag about MTBing on Sicily a while ago. Looked great.

There is a local company that does guiding I think.

Kiril
    Free Member

Aha issue 62 and poo I can’t find it. Can anyone help?

(btw yep it’s Sicily)

Alejandro
    Free Member

I was there this summer but not for riding. All I could think of was ‘I really want my bike I really want my bike…’. Seemed like an awesome place to ride. Loads of people out on bikes too, from serious roadies to MTBers to leisure riders, it appears to be a popular sport there. I’m sure it would be an awesome place to MTB.

rugbydick

If you’re a digital subscriber, you get all the back issues.

Kiril
    Free Member

Ah but I’m not a digital subscriber, trickier to carry and read in the loo, and I love getting the mag in the post

Kiril
    Free Member

Found it! The borrowers must have been reading it. I’ve sent an email to see if they do one day trips. Thanks for the issue 62 reminder.

withersea
    Free Member

I had a day out the tri-ride guys avfew years ago. I did the etna descent trip with them and it was fantaaaaastic! It was expensive as it was only for me and they collected me, returned me t.o the hotal and provided a fantastic bike. they do plenty of organised rides as well which are much cheaper. Make sure you take your camel bak as you will drnk a lot!

Enjoy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cycling in Siciliy anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.