Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cycle Recycle hebden bridge?
  • taka
    Free Member

i had a load of parts a few months ago which in good favour i took there to recycle thinking the bikes would be built up and sold for a charity or sent to Africa or something but when i got there one of the kids in the shop said they were built up and sold on for a profit? was he taking the pi%% or is it actually someone making money out of everyone’s rubbish?

RustySpanner

It’s a non – profit organisation, as far as I’m aware.

Have spoken to Ben a few times and he seems like a very decent bloke.
    He’d just sold an immaculate Cannondale V bike to a chap who’d had to sell his years ago last time I popped in. Think Ben was happier than the guy who bought the bike!

Always seems very busy. Nice to see another local success story.

love
    Free Member

Isn’t that what you do tom?

cycle recycle is a charrrrrriidy mate

rootes1

or is it actually someone making money out of everyone’s rubbish?

Good enough for Sita, Veolia, Viridor, WRG, Shanks, Biffa etc i.e. the big six waste companies multi million pound orgs operating in the UK 😉

was an Article re cycle recycle in recent ST, said nothing about sending to africa etc, just giving people the chance to get a bike at a reasonable cost from older bits and in a local area, much better than shipping stuff to africa

Benson247
    Free Member

I know Ben well, he is completely dedicated to biking and is keen to make it as accessible as possible for people who do not have the spare cash to splash on a brand new bike.

It is a non profit organisation. The bikes are striped down and rebuilt by apprentice workshop staff (who are both in their teens, previously unemployed), then sold for the cost of the labor.

To sum it up, Cycle recycle enables more people to get involved in biking and gives the opportunity to apprentices to gain a recognised workshop qualification.

If you have any questions, I’m sure if you go down and chat to Ben, your mind will be put at rest.

scraprider
    Free Member

if it helps the local community, get 2 yoofs a real job , and makes a bit of cash , weres the problem.

Pogo
    Free Member
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cycle Recycle hebden bridge?’ is closed to new replies.