Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • cx tyres ?
  • snap
    Free Member

Hi….Sorry for yet another tyre thread but
    Can someone PLEASE recommend me some decent cx tyres
    Up until now I’ve been riding schwalbe Racing Ralph’s
    but the sidewalls are forever perishing before the tread goes

I dont race but ride the winter on a cx bike on a 50/50 split of off road / road terrain
    need to be clinchers / tubeless compatible would be nice but not a must

Thanks for feedback

LS
    Free Member

I use Kenda Slant Six Pro in 700×35 for general training and riding around. Tubeless ready and work really well.

tang
    Free Member

Vittoria xg pro tubeless.

mattsccm
    Free Member

If you are not riding CX don’t buy CX tyres.
    Unless its all slick grassy hills you’ll be better off with a puncture resistant road tyre. Gravel doesn’t need tread.

dovebiker

Schwalbe Smart Sam is pretty durable and rolls quite quick on tarmac – don’t need to spend the earth. Race-oriented CX tyres aren’t really intended for anything but riding around a muddy field

snap
    Free Member

Should of stated theres a fare amount mud and sand on the trails that we ride so a road tyre of any description would be of no use

Thanks for input so far

london_lady
    Free Member

Been using the Clement X’plor ush for quite a while – they are pretty good for road & off-road. Just gone slightly bigger and replaced them with the Clement X’plor mso.

hopkinsgm

They don’t seem to be easy to get hold of at the minute, but Maxxis Raze’s work for me

MoreCashThanDash

I commute with Sammy Slicks on my CX – have also ridden easy trail centre blue routes on them

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 Vittorias tubeless. Good offroad. Not so grippy on road but manageable.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Bonty cx3. Toughest sidewall I’ve found so far and a good, grippy, mud clearing tread to boot.

somafunk

In the shed i have clement mso 120tpi in 40mm, not tubeless compatible but good tyres – clement ush 120tpi in 35mm not tubeless compatible but good tyres – compass barlow pass extralight in 38mm which are tubeless compatible and extremely easy rolling whilst on the road, pretty useless on gloomy wet trails tbh, they are quite fragile if you use them off road or even on forest roads as my sidewalls showed wear after less than a months use but since august i’ve been using on-one gravel road in 40mm which set up tubeless really easy.

If i had to choose only one tyre to keep/ride from the above it’d be the on-one gravel road – they are brilliant off road with bags of grip and very easy rolling on the road.

A couple of weeks ago they were down to £14.99 a tyre so i bought quite a few pairs – that’s me sorted for the next few years.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘cx tyres ?’ is closed to new replies.